Thanks again for booking with me! You’re really going to enjoy this car. Have a great time, and call anytime if you need assistance or info: 773-822-3539.
One quick request: Upload a photo of your Driver License to the trip photos. This will save us having to do it at checkin.
So, as you know this is is a beautiful, expensive, and powerful car driven by many Turo clients. That said, please remember that I’m a regular guy like you vs. a rental company and that I need your help to protect the car, yourself, and both of our $$$.
Most Turo drivers are in my experience friendly, safe, respectful, and considerate. Even so there are still some important rules and recommendations needed to protect us both.
*Please now read completely and acknowledge back that you have read these. This will save time later as it will be required to confirm your checkin.*
1. I have great insurance, so report right away *any* scratch, spill, etc. You should generally owe little or nothing! Mistakes happen, I appreciate the reports greatly, and I will help out wherever I can.
2. That said there’s also the chance of something big happening that’s not covered - and that’s $$$. So, also get the Standard insurance. Not a rule, but...
3. Speaking of which: Always back into parking blocks / spaces to avoid all-to-easy damage to the low front bumper.
4. Do not drag race, burn the tires, use the Launch mode, or do any other type of harsh driving. It’s *noticed*, it’s not permitted, and it will cost many $$$. Have fun + be considerate. Thank you!
5. With a great car comes great gasoline (unfortunately). Anything less than *93 Octane* will seriously damage the car. I will professionally drain lower octanes - that’s many $$$. Contact me and do not drive if you accidentally fill incorrectly.
6. There is often a subsequent reservation. Be sure to contact me and extend your reservation right away if you know you’re running late. Overdue can mean $$$.
7. The mileage allowance is 100 mi. per day. You are more than welcome to drive further. Just don’t forget the additional $$$, and avoid unplanned distances.
Who wants to owe unexpected $$$? Follow these to help us both have a great reservation.
*Please now reply that you have read the rules and recommendations for the vehicle.*
Here are the steps for pick up and drop off to make the experience as simple and convenient as possible. Read these at your leisure, and let me know if you have any questions.
*Pickup - 5 Steps*
1. The car is located at [GPS] - on [STREET] just south of [STREET]. If possible message me at least 5 min before you arrive so that I can either meet you or unlock the car for you remotely and have it ready for you.
2. Inspect the entire outside of the vehicle and upload a closeup trip photo of any damage that you notice.
3. The tank level and mileage that I provide may be approximate. Please verify both the actual mileage and gas and note any differences in a Turo message. Remember that mileage over the daily limit (100 mi) adds to your trip expense.
4. You will find the key fob in a pouch inside the center storage console. Remove it from the pouch and then start the car. Leave the pouch in the console for use at drop off.
5. If the back bumper protector is out open the trunk and place it inside. Please replace it outside if parallel parking on the street to protect from rear bumper damage.
*Drop off - 5 Steps*
1. GAS LEVEL: If you do not prepay the easiest thing is to allow me to fill up and request a reimbursement from you (I’ll upload the receipt and waive the $10 inconvenience charge). You may also fill up during your trip using 93+ Octane only. If possible upload a trip photo of your gas receipt(s) for your Turo records.
2. If you do not opt for the cleaning fee be sure to remove all food and waste items.
3. When you return find any parallel street parking within a few blocks of the pickup location and *note any permit or street cleaning signs* to avoid tickets. My city sticker also allows parking in Zone 74. In the worst case please find free parking anywhere within several blocks. Once safely parked message me with the car’s location.
4. When you leave the car replace the key fob in the small pouch in the center console.
5. Close the door and message me to lock it. Please do not lock using the door button. Allow time for me to respond or call me.
You’re all set!
Enjoy yourself, the temperature control, heated seats and steering wheel (available through the Climate screen on the touch display), iPhone charger and basic helpful items in the center console, quality audio system, and hum of a 6.4 L HEMI.
If you have any problems whatsoever please give me a call: 773-822-3539. I will assist you in whatever way needed.