***Auto-Pilot - YES!*** Auto-Steer + Smart Cruise Control
***Return Without Re-Charging - $18***
MAX RANGE: 240 Miles
MAX SPEED: 85mph (Speed limited for all rentals)
MAX DRIVE MODE: CHILL (Hardwired to Max Speed)
0-60MPH Around 6 exhilarating seconds!
***Pay-As-You-Go*** Tesla Supercharging
- Tesla charging costs are about $7.00 per 100 "Battery Miles". This will be billed back to you separately at the end of your trip. "Battery Miles" equals "Actual Driven Miles" if you stay at or below 65mph and don't stomp on the accelerator pedal. But of course it is fun to do so, just will cost you more at the charging station. Scroll down to the end to find out more.
Superb road trip vehicle with abundant Tesla supercharging stations. Premium vegan leather seating and stunning sound system that is superior to most cars out there. Both wireless & wired phone charging (up to 4 devices) included and additional 2xUSB ports at the rear. Phenomenal panoramic glass roof!
BUYING A TESLA? Get FREE SUPERCHARGING MILES (1,000 miles)
Some guests rent to try out this base (240 Mile) model to see if it fits their needs and have already bought as a result. Use my referral code to get this special offer!
No charge for cleaning, but Sorry! No Pets, No Smoking, No Vaping. Professional detailing charges of $150 apply. This charge will only apply if the car is left excessively dirty (or with odors) as described here.
BATTERY LEVEL - Upon Pickup: You will have at least 150 miles to start your journey, just plug into to Tesla Superchargers when you need to.
BATTERY LEVEL - Upon Return: Please re-charge to 150 miles (allow 30 mins in your trip for this) More if there is a line at the charging station.
MEXICO & CANADA destinations are prohibited. Additional costs will be applied.
MIN AGE: Drivers must be 25 years or older.
CHARGING PRICE PENALTIES: $1.00 per minute for late return to car after charging is complete.
Unfortunately ALL Charging stations have a punitive "Idle Fee" if charging is completed and not unplugged and RE-PARKED. So please set your timer on your phones to when the car's displays says charging is completed (charging is usually complete in 30-40 mins). Return to the car immediately, unplug and RE-PARK the car in a different legal parking spot, even if the station is empty at the time. These fines/penalties are not included in the rental price and will be billed back.
DRIVER ASSIST FEATURES:
- Enjoy Intelligent Cruise Control... the car will adjust speed to slow down or speed up depending to what the cruise control is set to. Very good also in stop and go highway traffic jams or rush hour traffic.
- Autopilot... Do not recommend using. Is quite difficult to get use to unless you are a seasoned Tesla driver.
- WARNING!!! This car DOES NOT "SELF DRIVE"... not in the least. The driver must be attentive at all times and is responsible for all accidents, traffic fines and insurance claims. However, please use all the safety "assist" features and don't panic. Some of these features are so advanced, it is easy to get confused at first. Just lightly tap on the brakes and slow down until you know what is happening. Cruise control or anything that could be confusing is controlled/disabled by just tapping on the brakes. It's that simple.
- You may also charge at home if you have an Oven/Dryer outlet (NEMA 14-50) or at a 3rd party charging station on your own account.
- Driving Electric & Tesla is so relaxing and rewarding, however driving above 75mph and then getting stuck in 10 mins of stop & go traffic, results in nothing but significantly fewer "battery miles" when you reach your destination. It takes an hour of driving at 10mph to gain a distance of 10 miles arriving earlier at your destination.
- To add insult to injury, the "lost battery miles" due to stomping on the accelerator and going at 85mph will take you roughly an additional 20 mins to recover those miles when charging. Not really worth it to drive at 85mph.
- The best way to drive electric is just set the cruise control and auto-pilot to 65-75mph and let the car do most of the driving for you. You will gain more time by changing to faster moving lanes at 65-75mph, than pushing it to 85mph and then getting stuck in stop & go for 20 mins.