IMPORTANT - Any tickets (parking / toll / speed camera / etc) incurred while driving my truck should be paid or reported to me at your earliest opportunity. It may cost double or more if I get a ticket in the mail since they add late fees and penalties.
1997 Ford Ranger XLT (284,000+ miles)
- Extended Cab - seats up to 5. Three of the seats are very small
- 3" Body lift
- 4.0L V6 (OHV)
- 4x4 with manual locking hubs - instructions will be provided on request.
- Manual transmission
- Manual windows & locks
- Approximately 15-17 MPG under ideal circumstances
- Aftermarket Stereo with Bluetooth, USB and aux in
- Vinyl flooring
- EZPass. Please note that the renter is responsible for all charges incurred during the reservation and is liable for any damage to the EZPass transponder. If you do not want the EZPass, simply inform me any time before leaving the pick up location and I will take it out of the vehicle.
- New clutch installed Jan 2016.
- AC system rebuilt May 2018.
- Rear axle upgraded to rebuilt Explorer rear end (Limited slip / disc brakes / wider track) March 2019.
- The truck does have over 284,000 miles, so it has some minor quirks. None of them affect drivability, but if you're expecting a perfect vehicle, you probably want to choose a different car. This truck is perfect for those who want to save some cash and don't mind a few quirks.
- While the pictures show the truck off road, Turo's policies prohibit driving on unpaved surfaces.
Optional Equipment in the pictures:
- Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller stays in the vehicle. Please note that Turo prohibits towing with any vehicle.
- The pictures show the truck with mud tires, but it normally comes with street tires for your convenience. The mud tires are loud, decrease fuel economy and make the truck even higher, which makes loading / unloading more difficult. If you specifically want the mud tires, I will need at least a week's notice so I can pull them out of the shed!
- The truck does not come with the tool box pictured unless requested at least one week in advance.
- The CB radio is removable and not available to renters.
If you are flying in to BWI or Reagan and would prefer not to drive me 35 miles (50 minutes in light traffic) home, let me know in advance and I will change the settings, but there will be a $30 delivery charge if I can get my family to drive me home. If I can't get them to drive me home and have to take an Uber, the charge would be $150.
Additional Options (Please inform me at least 24 hours before the start of the trip so that I can make sure to have the requested items collected and put into the truck so that I don't forget anything!)
- A cap is available with enough notice. Great for keeping your stuff out of the rain!
For more information about this vehicle, the Ford Owner's Manual and 4wd supplement are available at these links: