How does TOLL work?
For your convenient our car has register LICENSE PLATE to cross all the bridges in California that has electronic toll. When the car crossing the toll plaza, they will scan the FastTrak Device or LICENSE PLATE(automatically) and debit our account directly.
When you pass through a toll plaza and use an electronically tolled lane, the toll will automatically be registered and paid based on the car's LICENSE PLATE. Electronically tolled lanes may be called FasTrak lanes, EZPass lanes, or other names, depending on your location.
To avoid paying twice for tolls, do not pay cash when passing through a toll plaza with electronically tolled lanes
*If you paid cash please keep notes of all receipt and text of a picture of it for our record. We will bill one day after your trip if any Toll fees incur during your trip. Thank you
What are Charging option?
There are several options, listed below in order of usefulness.
1. Tesla Superchargers. These are the high voltage charging stations that can charge the car from 0 to full within one hour. In most scenarios within 30 to 40 minutes. They are usually located close to shopping/dining, so you don't have to wait in the car most of time.
Use app: "Superchargers for Tesla" to locate the superchargers. An alternative app is "Plugshare". It has other EV chargers as well. You can filter out the other chargers by selecting Tesla Supercharger only.
Superchargers are free to use for this car. However, if the charging is done but the car is still connected, Tesla the company will charge me an idling fee. It's usually not a lot. But if this is incurred, the charge will be passed along to you via Turo reimbursements.
2. Regular 110 Volt power outlet. This is to charge at a house or other parking facilities with a regular 110 Volt outlet. This is slow charging for sure. But charging overnight can get you enough range to get to the next supercharger. The car is equipped with the following accessories (all in the frunk) for this purpose:
- Tesla charging cord
- 110 Volt outlet adapter (to be connected to the plug on the charging cord)
- Extension cable (if outlet is too far for the charging cord)
Please note that occasionally a 110 Volt outlet doesn't work, probably because of low amperage. In that case, the LED lights on the charging cord and the Model X charge port will turn red. No use to try multiple time. You will have to find an alternative outlet.
3. Household 220 Volt power outlet for dryers. If you have access to one, for example when a garage has a dryer in it, this will be faster than the #2 option. There's another adapter in the same accessory bag for this. However, the extension cable won't work.
4. 220 Volt EV Plug (J1772; public or household). Most common EV charging standard. The car has a J1772 adapter that can be used on those chargers. Please note:
- The Tesla charging cord is not needed. You just connect the adapter to the plug from the charging station.
- Normally these charging stations are not free. Without a membership card, you can usually contact the charging network and do a one time charging.
Please note: The car is not equipped with the adapter for the 440 Volt Fast Charging stations (CHAdeMO DCFC).
The car has the following accessories. Please make sure to return items to its place after use.
In the middle compartment next to the driver's seat:
- FasTrak toll tag
In the compartment facing the front passenger's seat:
- Car registration
- Turo insurance card
- Regular insurance card
In the front trunk:
- Charging accessory bag, including adapters
- Power extension cable
What do I do if i get a traffic ticket or parking violation ticket?
Tickets: If you get any tickets during your rental, please pay them off yourself. If we receive a ticket in the mail that has not yet been paid, we will pay the ticket and charge you the full amount + $25 processing fee.
Can we take this car to the snow?
Please DO NOT take this vehicle to the snow, check out my other AWD SUV vehicle that is more suitable for snow weather. Current tires is not snow tires. Thank you
What if I'm late to return?
Pickup and return within the rental times only. If you're running late for pickup, please let me know and I will make arrangement for key handover. Late return is never ok, take it for granted you will be stuck in traffic in the Bay Area, it is not an acceptable excuse for a late return and you will be charged the late return fee of $50 per hour. To avoid this, I would suggest booking extra time into your trip at checkout. Most importantly, please communicate if there will be any delay.
How do I receive travel credit?
New to Turo? Create your account using this link and receive $25 off your first rental: https://turo.com/c/nhatn35
Then refer your friends from your new account and you both receive more travel credit for more trips.
**Please note, if you have already created your account, this referral link will NOT give you travel credit. Ask Turo for a different promo code BEFORE you book your first trip. **
Do I have to wash the vehicle before returning?
Yes, to insure the car is ready for the next booking, please return vehicle in the same condition when you get it.
Please use Hand-wash only, as the paint is a light metallic (environmentally paint) that will get scratch easily with machine wash.
A cleaning fee will only be charged in severe cases related to the interior, e.g. spilled liquids, pet hair removal, smoke smell, etc. Minimum of $250
The car should be returned the same condition as when you pick it up.
We understand that spills and accidents could happen. We would have to charge a $50 clean-up fee. Thank you.
What kind of range can I get out of this vehicle?
A typical battery charge of 90% can yield approximately 265 miles. Your mileage may vary.
Are Super Charger free?
Supercharging is not free, Tesla pull the cord on FREE Supercharging in 2019. While it’s a fraction of the price of gas there is a fee associated with charging and you will be billed the exact price they charge me
Leaving a fully charged Tesla plug into the supercharger-will incur $.40 per minute charge.
I have not driven Model X before, how can I get familiar with all of the feature on this awesome car?
If you want to master all of the awesome feature on this Tesla, I highly recommend that you watch this clips with the link below. Enjoy!