The perfect car for a weekend (or week-long) Humboldt getaway! Use me to get around our nearby National and State Parks, or explore our many miles of winding Forest Service roads looking for your next wilderness adventure.
The Crosstrek is Subaru's crossover SUV and one of their best-selling cars. It combines great handling, all-wheel-drive, and the same ground clearance as Subaru's bigger vehicles (8.7") just in a smaller, more agile package with good fuel efficiency (34 EPA highway MPG, or 30 combined MPG as I measured it with the roof box on).
This particular Crosstrek that you're renting is the Limited Edition, which means it comes with heated leather seats and additional safety features (backup camera, collision detection/prevention, lane departure warning, automatic adaptive cruise control, heated windshield and mirrors, etc.) It also has integrated GPS navigation, but honestly, it sucks... if you have Google Maps on your phone, use that instead :)
I'm lived here for a decade and would be happy to suggest places to go, things to do, restaurants to eat at, etc. Just ask!
AT A GLANCE
* 100/750/1500 miles included per day/week/month. Unlimited mileage available for $19/day extra (still a steal!)
* Comes with a 16 cubic feet roof cargo box (rainproof, lockable) because the trunk is pretty small
* Bluetooth, USB ports, etc. for your own music and navigation (but bring your own car mount)
* No pets, no smoking please
* After-hours self drop-off available if you need it (if you're coming back late at night)