If you need to pick up or drop off the vehicle between the hours of 10 pm and 7 am, I'll need at least 24 hours notice to coordinate logistics with you.
1. I am leaving the car for you across the street from my building, in the Pike Outlet Mall parking structure, at the corner of Seaside Way and Chestnut Place in downtown Long Beach:
The Pike Outlet Mall parking garage
65 Cedar Ave
Long Beach, CA 90802
I usually park my car near the west entrance off Chestnut Place. Within 24 hours of your trip’s start, I will upload photos to document my car’s condition and its exact location in the structure. Please see the Trip Photos section in your Turo app for reference.
2. This vehicle is part of the Turo Go program. You will be able to unlock, lock, and start the vehicle using your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone after completing the required paperwork from Turo. Please consult your Turo app for verification and unlocking instructions.
3. I encourage you to upload 10-15 photos to the Trip Photos section of your reservation page in the Turo app. This is to document the condition of the car when you received it, so you are not mistakenly held liable by Liberty Mutual insurance for any pre-existing damage.
4. If the car you are renting requires a traditional blade key to start the engine, you will find it in the black Turo organizer on the sun visor. If the car you are renting is a keyless push-to-start vehicle, your Turo app functions as your key fob. Owners manuals, registration and insurance cards are in the glove compartment. Please feel free to pair your smartphone to my car’s Bluetooth, if applicable.
5. Retrieve the WHITE parking key card from the Turo organizer on the sun visor (Keep the blue Metro Tap Card in the visor; you won’t need this card for your trip). When you exit the structure look for lanes marked “MONTHLY PARKERS.” In those lanes you will find a brown plastic box on the parking turnstile. Wave my key card at the brown box. When it beeps, the lane barrier will open. DO NOT INSERT THE CARD INTO THE TICKET READER.
6. If you experience any strange glitches while using my Turo Go-enabled car, simply reset the car and Turo Go device. You can easily do this by 1) turning the car off, 2) unlocking the car using the Turo Go controls, and 3) starting the car again. This will solve most of the issues you may experience.
7. If resetting/restarting does not solve the problem, I have included a spare key fob in a black Faraday bag stored in the center console. If the car is a keyless push to start vehicle, put the key fob in your pocket. If a metal key blade is attached to the key fob, insert the key in the ignition. The car will revert to traditional operation.
That’s it! Please call if you have any questions. Safe travels!