The shifter has a little button on the left side of it. To shift gears, you press down on it with your thumb and while holding it move the shifter in the direction of the letter whose gear you want.
One needs to be prepared when driving an electric car. Before renting my car, please confirm that you have the following things in place.
* You know the total distance that you will be traveling during the rental. If it is more than the distance I have on the car at the time, or more than the rating on the car which is 238 miles, you will need a charging solution in place. Be prepared for that. See the points below
* You know where you can charge the car. The car needs to be charged from a 220-240V plug (I supply the cable). A 110V plug is not practical for anyone's needs (Even though I also supply this cable). Either that or a public charging station. Please look up public charging stations on Google Maps for your destination so that you know where you will be able to charge the car. Bookmark a few in that area, so you can try a different one in case you run into one that is not working. Note the company whose charging station it is.
* Install and setup the charging station apps in order to be able to use the charging stations on your trip. There are four charging companies in the area. Blink and Chargepoint are the most popular, but the one you install and setup will depend on the ones you see on the map.
* Blink - https://www.blinknetwork.com/mobile.html
* Chargepoint - https://www.chargepoint.com/drivers/mobile/
* Semaconnect - https://www.semaconnect.com/blog/download-our-app/
* EVgo - https://www.evgo.com/download-app/
* And please, message me if you can't find somewhere to charge the car, as soon as possible.