Facts about the vehicle
1) Understand that this is an old car with a reasonable high mileage. Be wary of the NOISE and SHAKING it makes but performance will stay the same.
2) The Trunk side has many & major scratches and the paint is peeling off but this will not affect the performance of the vehicle
2) Middle Counsel inside the vehicle is broken
3) The trunk will get wet during the rainy season, so please place your valuables or luggage that you do not want wet inside the vehicle. A customer just pointed this out and we are currently working on this issue. But for those who have already booked the their trips, we do not want to delay nor cancel your trip so please be wary of this issue and place things you do not want wet inside of the actual vehicle itself.
4) We require all guests to have the tank filled 3 bars or quarter tank AT ALL TIMES. Many guests in the past have damaged the fuel pump (lack of gas in tank) and now caused a sensory delay connection between Gas and fuel bars. Please FILL THE TANK once you’ve reached 3 BARS each time or the car WILL RUN OUT OF GAS and will stall. Please KEEP NOTE, fill tank once you see 3 bars of gas each and every time!
5) This car uses a spare key. We have the original key for safety purposes just in case a guest loses a key (which has happened in the past). So be aware the spare key may not open the doors as smoothly but it will open and turn the car on, so please be gentle and patient if the key doesn't open the vehicle the first time around.
6) To lock and unlock the vehicle, please place key in driver side door and turn key left left the lock and turn right twice to unlock. The vehicle also has many different manual functions for the safety for our customers. The doors will need to be locked/ unlocked manually along with the windows and left and right side mirrors.
Any additional cost?
If required to deliver the vehicle to the airport (SAN) or a home (AirBNB, etc.), there will be a $80 fee
The mileage limit :
100 miles a day
750 miles a week
2625 miles a month
Beyond that amount will cost an additional cost of $0.19 per mile.
We provide some items in the vehicle for the convenience for our customers, although we will charge fees for certain items that are taken or lost:
1. Aux cord $20
2. USB Charger $20
3. Phone mount $25
4. Lock box $25
5. Safety roadside emergency kit $50
6. Missing Gas bars $5 per gallon
7. Lost Vehicle key $25
8. Lost Vehicle key with transponder $250
Before returning the vehicle back to the location, what needs to be done?
1) Please pay for any Toll roads online and send me an email of your toll road:
firstname.lastname@example.org | If you aren't aware that you went through a toll, we will send you the letter with the amount that's due and we will request via Turo a reimbursement for the amount needed.
2) Please leave the vehicle in the condition you found it in and please clean up after yourself throughout the inside of the vehicle. We have a membership at SOAPY JOES with unlimited car washes and Vacuum stations NONE to your expense. They provide a drive through car wash and a self service Vacuum station. We advise this to many customers as a way to clear out the car of any mess that may be left and of their personal belongings. We have had multiple cases of individuals leaving speakers, ID cards, and many other types of personal belongings in the vehicle. The nearest address to the current pick up location is 5 minutes away: 6609 Mira Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92121. If this location is inconvenient, there are many other Soapy Joes locations in San diego and please search on your maps to find the nearest one to you.
3) Next to the Soapy Joes in Sorrento Valley is a GAS STATION which we ask to fill the tank to FULL.
4) Please drop off vehicle around the same area you picked it up in
Arriving late or early, need to change your appointment time or extension?
If you are already on your way and you're arriving late or early please notify us immediately through Turo messages.
If you’re running late past the time assigned on the trip itinerary without communication you will be subject to a $50 late fee.
Need to change appointment time or extension? We always work with appointment time that was booked on behalf of the customer. The customer has access to change these times, and we do not. If you would like to change a times at the beginning of a trip or an ending trip, you would need to request the change in your Turo portal. If you know the times needs to be changed, We do ask you to make these changes two days (48 hours) prior to beginning or ending your trip. Since we are also working with many other customers, We go based off of the itinerary time in your Turo portal and we do make plans for other drop offs and pick ups around your schedule. Just as a common courtesy please if you need to make a change in appointment time, please make the request earlier than later. The change of a itinerary time can delay other appointments before or after you which would not be fair to anyone else who has already booked their appointment.
AIRPORT DELIVERY and What happens if plane is delayed?
If you have chosen delivery at the airport (SAN), one of our team of 4 will be assisting you and will pick you up from your terminal. Due to the high volume of the ride share companies, the airport has a strict security policy and we will message you with further details about pick ups and drop offs at the airport.
Once we pick you up, we'll take you to the cars original location of 11151 Westonhill Drive and from there we will pass off the keys to you and you can resume with your trip out here in San Diego.
Once your trip is finished, we will have you meet us at the cars original location seen below:
11151 Westonhill Drive San Diego Ca 92126
From there we will take you BACK to your terminal for departure and from there we hope for your safe travels.
We always work with appointment schedule that is booked on the customer’s behalf. And we understand that planes often delay. We will wait up to 45 mins of a delay with a prior notice via Turo message in your itinerary portal. If your plane is delayed longer than 45 minutes, we do ask for you to take a Rideshare: Uber or Lyft to our pick up location. The vehicle will be ready for immediate pickup and will give specific instructions for the pickup. Please message us for further questions and we will be more than happy to answer them.
What if one of my DASHBOARD LIGHTS come on and what do they mean?
(!) - Tire Pressure - Most gas stations have a section to pump air into tires although you would need to know how to read the tire pressure on the tire and pump the right amount of air. For an easier service, We also suggest going to your nearest DISCOUNT TIRE in your location and they provide a FREE AIR CHECK for the tires and will pump it up for free for you. This rarely comes up on the dashboard, but at times it may come on and its best you know how to go about fixing this situation.
Check Engine Light - Our mechanics mention the check engine light can come on due to the weather, or a small glitch connector in the system which is may have no harm. If the check engine light starts to blink, please stop using the vehicle immediately and let us know right away. A blinking check engine light signifies a major problem. We've never had a blinking check engine light come on, although it is important for you to know to stop driving the vehicle if it is blinking.
Maint Req - this light may come on during your trip but please do not be alarmed. This signifies the vehicle is in need of an oil change. Most oil changes are required to be changed every 3,000 miles. Although, we use either BLEND or SYNTHETIC oil in our engines, which can take the vehicle up to 5,000-10,000 miles. So if this light turns on, just know you have at least another 2,000 miles to go before an oil change is actually needed.
These are the main lights that may come on during your trip. Any other lights that do come on the dash, please let us know right away via Turo messages. Thank you!
What are the current hours of operation?
Our current hours of operation is between 7am-8pm. If you have a airport booking or customer preferred drop off location before or after this time, we do ask you to Uber/ lyft or use a rideshare to pick up the car at our current residence.
If you’re planning on picking up the vehicle at our current location, the vehicle you book will be accessible 24/7 at your appointment booking time. This allows you to conveniently book around your schedule, but only for airports and drop offs to a customers preferred address can only be between the hours of 7am-8pm.
Messages via turo portal will also be answered periodically throughout the hours of 7am-8pm. So please, if you have questions or concerns that needs to be answered, please try to message us around these timeframes between 7am-8pm and if not, we will have answers for you the next working day. Thank you and have a great trip!