2016 BMW i3 w/ Range Extender 4dr Hatchback Plug-in Hybrid
Note: This car will be fully charged & will have full tank at time of rental. You need not charge before return but you're expected to make sure tank is full & car is clean. If no time to do so, we can fill-up gas & clean for you after return then charge you actual gas cost & $20 cleaning fee (maybe more if applicable). This is a family car & my kids have allergies so NO smoking & pets please. Otherwise, appropriate interior detailing & carpet cleaning fee will be charged.
CA Clean Air Vehicle Access: has stickers to use carpool/HOV lanes even if driver is alone in car.
The 2016 BMW i3 is the pug of the BMW family — short, stout, flat-nosed and cute sort of way. It's also a versatile all-electric city car that operates either on battery power alone or with an optional range-extending gasoline generator. All the while, it cradles up to four occupants in a luxurious and avant-garde cabin. The i3 even serves up downright respectable acceleration and handling that help it leave most cars in the dust.
The i3 uses a single five-door configuration with bodywork consisting of a passenger module of high strength, ultra-lightweight CFRP (carbon fiber reinforced plastic) glued to a lower aluminium module holding the chassis, battery, drive system and powertrain. The bodywork features two smaller clamshell rear-hinged rear doors.
How Does the 2016 BMW i3 Drive?
The rear-wheel-drive 2016 i3 is powered by a 170-horsepower electric motor paired with a single-speed transmission. Acceleration is especially quick from a stop, and there's adequate power for daily driving. The i3 delivers nimble handling on even the twistiest roads This is a city car, though, designed and intended primarily for short to medium-length trips.
Range & Mileage:
After a full charge, this 2016 BMW i3 can go up to 65 miles on battery power plus 55 miles with gasoline generator, stretching total range to 110 miles. The base i3 returns 137 mpg-equivalent in the city and 111 mpg-e on the highway, which is excellent for an electric vehicle. The Range Extender trim has fuel economy of 117 mpg-e combined (39 mpg combined with the gas engine running).
- Slow 3kW AC Charging - up to 18 hours using included 3-pin-to-Type 2 110V wall outlet charging cable
- Fast AC Fast 22kW Charging: up to 4 hours if using optional 3rd party 220V 32A NEMA 14-50 charging charging cable. There are many FREE (malls & hotels) or paid Level 2 charging stations and most popular.
- Rapid 50 kW DC charging: less than 30 minutes in 3rd party 440V Rapid DC Charging stations like EVGo (located near Walmarts)
Features & Options:
- Metallic Mineral Grey with BMW i Blue accent
- Sport 20" Double Spoke wheels style
- Technology & Driving Assistant Package: Technology + Driving Assistant Package: Adaptive Cruise Control (with stop-and-go capability), forward collision warning with pedestrian detection, automatic braking for frontal collision mitigation, an upgraded navigation system (with a wider screen and enhanced EV-related information), real-time traffic and BMW's Online and Apps services.Traffic Information.
- Park Distance Control
- Dash Cam & Back up Camera
- Heated Front seats
- DC Quick Charge capable
- Adaptive LED Headlights
Extras - available for your convenience
Unlimited mileage @ $20/day
Prepaid refuel @ $10/trip
Post-trip cleaning @ $20/trip (may charge more if applicable)
1. No dogs/pets/smoking/eating in the car. Please return the car clean or same condition during pick-up to avoid cleaning fees.
2. Plate number is registered and transponder is available upon request for use at the Toll Roads or I-91 Fast Track but all toll fees or traffic tickets will be charge to renter.
3. Those prohibited uses of the vehicle includes pushing, towing, racing, off-roading, as a taxi/ride share (ex: Uber/Lift), to commit a crime, while intoxicated/influence of prohibited substances or to intentionally cause damage.
4. Free delivery if 5-days & more within 10 miles from my location, otherwise need to qoute.
5. Extras & equipment such as unlimited miles, pre-paid fuel, post-return cleaning, etc. are available.