Rules and guidelines/advice to avoid additional charges:*
1) There is absolutely no smoking in any rented vehicle. Please do not smoke anything inside or around the vehicle, even with the doors and windows open.
2) Rentals cannot start before the scheduled start time. This is Turo's rule for insurance purposes, use the change trip option in the app to request different times, if they are available I will automatically and instantly accept them.
3) Rentals must be returned before the scheduled end time to avoid additional usage charges. Please use the change trip functionality in the app to request changes to the start and end times. If they are available they will be automatically approved by me. Significant delays of more than 30 minutes could affect the next renter.
4) Tolls/Moving Violations/Parking Tickets/Towing fees: You are responsible for all of these charges and are even responsible for parking tickets and towing fees in the 24 hours after the vehicle trip has ended. Please pay any tickets immediately. Tolls will be billed to you post-trip.
5) Drivers: The registered user who is renting the vehicle must be present during pickup. Additional drivers can be listed on the rental and thus be authorized to drive and covered by insurance. Here is the Turo link for adding drivers: http://bit.ly/2Q3Qg7n
I find that often Turo does not charge for additional listed drivers, ultimately this is Turo's decision. The consequences can be huge if a non authorized driver is in an accident. Do not let any non listed drivers drive the vehicle. If you have people who you want to be able to drive simply list them in the app or call turo to have them added. It is a fairly easy step to fully protect you.
6) Responsibilities for returning the car: You are responsible to return the vehicle washed (exterior), vacuumed inside, cup holders, dash, and all other areas clean. In my automated messages I will send you the locations of the closest car wash prior to returning the vehicle. It will take only a few minutes and the cost is minimal. The car has to be rent-ready upon return, just as you would expect to receive it. It must also be full of fuel. Also consider adding post-trip cleaning.
7) Mileage overages: Every vehicle rented comes with a certain number of miles. Going over the mileage will result in a post-trip invoice.
8) No Pets: Unless otherwise authorized no pets are permitted. Some guests have allergies to pets. Please inquire first. There may be a pet cleaning fee added to the end of your rental.
9) No Reckless driving: All of my vehicles are equipped with GPS and performance monitoring. Have fun, but drive responsible. Treat it as you would if you owned it, or if it was your family members car you were borrowing.
That is all of the fine print :)
*This is not designed to be an all inclusive list of do's and don't. Please see Turo.com for a more comprehensive list of additional policies.