✅ Can I pick up the car early or bring it back late?
If you would like to pick up your car early and it is available simply request an earlier pick up time in the app. If you are running late on your return please ensure that you request an extension in the app. Turo requires an active rental to ensure your insurance is valid. Keeping the vehicle outside of an active rental may result in a penalty charge being applied as well as personal liability for any damage to the vehicle. I will always approve the request if the car is available.
✅ Can I add another driver to my trip?
Yes, you may if you follow Turo's guidelines. Steps for adding a driver:
To get another licensed driver officially approved to drive, take these steps:
1. Once you’ve booked your trip, navigate to the Trip page in the Turo app or on the website. The trip should show in "Booked" under the Trips tab.
2. Near the bottom of this page, you’ll see a “Drivers” section where you’ll be listed as the primary driver.
3. Add the email address of your secondary driver here.
4. Be sure to add the email address associated with their Turo account if they’re already on Turo.
5. If your secondary driver is already an approved Turo member, we’ll automatically approve them.
6. If they’ve not yet created a Turo account, we’ll send them an email with details on how to get approved to drive. They must follow the steps in that email.
We’ll send you a notification once your secondary driver is either approved or denied. Your trip details will also indicate your secondary driver’s confirmation status:
* Approval pending (they’re going through the process)
* Approved (they’re permitted to drive on your trip)
* Not approved (they’re not permitted to drive on your trip)
We’ll send them an email confirmation of their status as well. You must confirm whether your secondary driver has been approved before letting them drive.
If your driver is approved, we’ll automatically notify the host that there’ll be an additional driver on the trip. The primary driver (that’s you!) must be present at the start and end of the trip and remains solely financially responsible for the trip should anything happen. You are not permitted to let anyone drive the vehicle during your trip other than an “Approved” secondary driver. Doing so will void your protection coverage.
✅ Is smoking or vaping allowed in the car?
Guests and their passengers are not permitted to smoke in any vehicle in the Turo marketplace. This smoking policy covers the use of but is not limited to, any tobacco or tobacco-related products, marijuana or marijuana substitutes, e-cigarettes, or personal vaporizers.
If the smell of smoke, vaporized substances, or aerosol fumes is detected there will be a $250 charge. https://support.turo.com/hc/en-us/articles/203990550-Smoking-policy
✅ Can I bring my pet along?
Only service animals are allowed at this time.
✅ Why is there a delivery fee?
Turo is nice enough to give me 70% of the delivery/pickup fee which is used to cover the cost of an Uber/Lyft ride. So we are basically losing money between the cost of delivery/pickup and the time it takes out of the day.
✅ Why rent this car?
This is a brand new 2019 Toyota Corolla is dedicated for Turo rentals, great price, great gas mileage, Toyota safety standard features, and it's an awesome looking car!
✅ Why did you tint the windows on the Corolla?
1. Reduce and or eliminates glare
2. Protects Interior
3. Blocks Out Excessive Heat
4. Saves Energy
5. Lowers Health Risks
6. Provides Privacy and Security
7. Provides Safety from flying glass
8. And it just looks damn cool and you will too!
✅ What is the Post Trip Cleaning for?
As per Turo's policy, the vehicle should be returned in the same condition in which it was received. If you do not want to wash and vacuum the vehicle then purchase the Post Trip Cleaning
If you return the vehicle significantly dirtier than it was when you received it, you may incur a cleaning fee from $30 to $250, depending on the severity, plus an administrative fee of up to $25.
✅ Can I get the car delivered to PDX Airport? Short answer NO.
Doing Turo business on PDX airport grounds is illegal and I have been issued a ticket for it in the past. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but this is an issue between PDX and Turo. IMO Turo shouldn't even give us this option to deliver to PDX. With that said it will be cheaper for you to take an Uber to my location than to have you pay for delivery for us to meet outside of PDX airport grounds that you will need to take an Uber to anyway. If you still want the car delivered to you we can meet at Taco Bell parking lot about 2 miles down the road from the PDX airport when your flight lands.