"Big Red" is everything special, and nothing special - all in one.
- A queen sized, removable floorbed in the covered pickup (for camping or storage space!)
- Curtains and windows for sun and wind camping comfort
- Reliability and durability of an American-made metal vehicle
- 3.5mm male stereo/tapedeck input for iPod/iPhone or other auxiliary input
- Brand new tires, battery, steering, suspension, and interior kept clean and fresh!
- She loves dogs, to ride in back (provided they keep clean - and have caring owners!)
- Big Red adores overnight trips to Tanglewood, MA and Lake Winnipesaukee, NH!
- Smooth sailing, comfortable ride, easily handles some off-road dirt and rocky paths (3 seatbelts, but 2 is more cozy! )
- Optional full size tarp
- Available right outside a public bus stop and walking distance from MBTA orange line in Jamaica Plain
- Big Red has an inline 4 that isn't a gas guzzler, but she's no economy-class vehicle either.
- She isn't as pretty as she was in her younger years. She's taken some bruises over the years - but has never failed! She has one ding from a mean stranger, thus cosmetically imperfect. Hey, it's less to worry if you aren't the world's best parallel parker!
- Big Red requires her renter to watch the odometer to review her gas tank! (The cost of repair outweighed the benefits of watching a needle read "Full" or "Empty"when we can just watch the odometer move from 0 to 265 instead!)
- She is allergic to the smell of tobacco smoke - no smokers, please - sorry!
- Big Red's pickup hood doesn't come off anymore - so not ideal for hauling furniture that won't fit in the covered back!
1) Sheets/sleeping bags are not included (but required!) for over-night camping rentals.
2) When you ask to reserve 'Red, please indicate whether you will want the built-ins/mattress included or excluded, and what -if any extras you would like (ipod charger, audio adapter, etc) - thanks!
3) Please ask questions! I am happy to answer any/all questions fairly & honestly!