IMPORTANT - Any tickets (parking / toll / speed camera / etc) incurred while driving my truck should be paid or reported to me at your earliest opportunity. It will cost double or more if I get a ticket in the mail since they add late fees and penalties.
1997 Ford Ranger XLT (250,000+ miles)
- The truck is actually red, my camera didn't do a very good job getting the color right.
- Extended Cab - seats up to 5. Three of the seats are very small.
- 3" Body lift.
- 4.0L V6 (OHV)
- 4x4 with manual locking hubs - instructions will be provided on request.
- Manual transmission
- Manual windows & locks
- Approximately 15-17 MPG under ideal circumstances
- Aftermarket Stereo with bluetooth.
- Vinyl flooring.
- Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller. Please note that Turo prohibits towing with any vehicle.
- New cylinder heads and KC style lights installed September 2015. Engine is in good condition inside.
- EZPass added October 2015. Please note that the renter is responsible for all charges incurred during the reservation and is liable for any damage to the EZPass transponder. If you do not want the EZPass, simply inform me any time before leaving the pick up location and I will take it out of the vehicle.
- New clutch installed Jan 2016.
- The truck does have over 250,000 miles, so it has some minor quirks. None of them affect drivability, but if you're expecting a perfect vehicle, you probably want to choose a different car. This truck is perfect for those who want to save some cash and don't mind a few quirks.
- Some pictures show the truck with mud tires, but it normally comes with street tires for your convenience. The mud tires are loud, decrease fuel economy and make the truck even higher, which makes loading / unloading more difficult. If you specifically want the mud tires, I will need at least a week's notice so I can pull them out of the shed!
Additional Options (Please inform me at least 24 hours before the start of the trip so that I can make sure to have the requested items collected and put into the truck so that I don't forget anything!)
- Cargo kit available with $20 deposit (Includes 2 rachet tie-downs, bungee cords, cargo net)
- A standalone GPS may be available for rent with a deposit. Ask for details.
For more information about this vehicle, the Ford Owner's Manual and 4wd supplement are available at these links: