IMPORTANT - Any tickets (parking / toll / speed camera / etc) incurred while driving my truck should be paid or reported to me at your earliest opportunity. It will cost double or more if I get a ticket in the mail since they add late fees and penalties.
1997 Ford Ranger XLT (250,000+ miles)
- Extended Cab - seats up to 5. Three of the seats are very small.
- 3" Body lift.
- 4.0L V6 (OHV)
- 4x4 with manual locking hubs - instructions will be provided on request.
- Manual transmission
- Manual windows & locks
- Approximately 15-17 MPG under ideal circumstances
- Aftermarket Stereo with bluetooth.
- Vinyl flooring.
- New cylinder heads and KC style lights installed September 2015. Engine is in good condition inside.
- EZPass added October 2015. Please note that the renter is responsible for all charges incurred during the reservation and is liable for any damage to the EZPass transponder. If you do not want the EZPass, simply inform me any time before leaving the pick up location and I will take it out of the vehicle.
- New clutch installed Jan 2016.
- The truck does have over 250,000 miles, so it has some minor quirks. None of them affect drivability, but if you're expecting a perfect vehicle, you probably want to choose a different car. This truck is perfect for those who want to save some cash and don't mind a few quirks.
- While the pictures show the truck off road, Turo's policies prohibit driving on unpaved surfaces.
Optional Equipment in the pictures:
- Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller stays in the vehicle. Please note that Turo prohibits towing with any vehicle.
- The pictures show the truck with mud tires, but it normally comes with street tires for your convenience. The mud tires are loud, decrease fuel economy and make the truck even higher, which makes loading / unloading more difficult. If you specifically want the mud tires, I will need at least a week's notice so I can pull them out of the shed!
- The truck does not come with the tool box pictured unless requested at least one week in advance.
- The CB radio is removable and not available to renters.
Additional Options (Please inform me at least 24 hours before the start of the trip so that I can make sure to have the requested items collected and put into the truck so that I don't forget anything!)
- Cargo kit available with $20 deposit (Includes 2 rachet tie-downs, bungee cords, cargo net)
- A standalone GPS may be available for rent with a deposit. Ask for details.
For more information about this vehicle, the Ford Owner's Manual and 4wd supplement are available at these links:
Second-time renter. The truck works perfectly and it is ideal for carrying heavy loads and hauling heavy stuff. This is a workhorse and Nick is a great guy who is flexible and accommodating who will reply back to you within minutes. I will continue to rent from Nick in the future without hesitation.
Both Nicholas and his truck were wonderful. I needed a reliable truck to carry a large water tote in my cabin 100 miles away. Despite extremely heavy rain, dense fog, melting snow and muddy conditions, the truck, which has a manual 4x4 transmission, performed flawlessly. And even more importantly, Nicholas was totally laid back and flexible with the rental. I returned the car about an hour and a half after I told him I would do so, and he was very understanding. All in all, a great rental from a great owner!