IMPORTANT - Any tickets (parking / toll / speed camera / etc) incurred while driving my truck should be paid or reported to me at your earliest opportunity. It will cost double or more if I get a ticket in the mail since they add late fees and penalties.
1997 Ford Ranger XLT (255,000+ miles)
- Extended Cab - seats up to 5. Three of the seats are very small.
- 3" Body lift.
- 4.0L V6 (OHV)
- 4x4 with manual locking hubs - instructions will be provided on request.
- Manual transmission
- Manual windows & locks
- Approximately 15-17 MPG under ideal circumstances
- Aftermarket Stereo with bluetooth.
- Vinyl flooring.
- New cylinder heads and KC style lights installed September 2015. Engine is in good condition inside.
- EZPass added October 2015. Please note that the renter is responsible for all charges incurred during the reservation and is liable for any damage to the EZPass transponder. If you do not want the EZPass, simply inform me any time before leaving the pick up location and I will take it out of the vehicle.
- New clutch installed Jan 2016.
- The truck does have over 250,000 miles, so it has some minor quirks. None of them affect drivability, but if you're expecting a perfect vehicle, you probably want to choose a different car. This truck is perfect for those who want to save some cash and don't mind a few quirks.
- While the pictures show the truck off road, Turo's policies prohibit driving on unpaved surfaces.
Optional Equipment in the pictures:
- Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller stays in the vehicle. Please note that Turo prohibits towing with any vehicle.
- The pictures show the truck with mud tires, but it normally comes with street tires for your convenience. The mud tires are loud, decrease fuel economy and make the truck even higher, which makes loading / unloading more difficult. If you specifically want the mud tires, I will need at least a week's notice so I can pull them out of the shed!
- The truck does not come with the tool box pictured unless requested at least one week in advance.
- The CB radio is removable and not available to renters.
Additional Options (Please inform me at least 24 hours before the start of the trip so that I can make sure to have the requested items collected and put into the truck so that I don't forget anything!)
- Cargo kit available with $20 deposit (Includes 2 rachet tie-downs, bungee cords, cargo net)
- A cap is available with enough notice. Great for keeping your stuff out of the rain!
For more information about this vehicle, the Ford Owner's Manual and 4wd supplement are available at these links:
Please return the truck in the same condition you received it in. Absolutely no smoking. Pets are fine, so long as reasonable steps are taken to prevent messes. Please don't eat in the truck.
The 4x4 system should only be used during snow, and please do not make any sharp turns while 4x4 is engaged. Because of the design of the system, sharp turns while in 4x4 mode can cause serious damage to the front axles. I will go over the 4x4 operation with you before you drive off.
Are you flexible with extra mileage?
Absolutely! It's got over 250,000 miles on it already, so rack up those miles! If you ask beforehand, I'll adjust the mileage and bump the price up just a little to cover additional wear and tear.
Can I tow a trailer with your truck?
Sadly, no. Turo's policies prohibit towing. If you did tow a trailer with it and anything happened, you would lose all of your insurance coverage and be fully responsible for all damage.
Can I rent it on short notice?
That depends! The truck is my least fuel efficient vehicle and is often used for doing truck stuff, so cleaning it up and getting it ready quickly can be difficult for me. Sometimes it's doable, other times it just won't work. Feel free to ask! Since Turo doesn't allow messaging before requesting the car, feel free to request it for future dates and I'll decline and change the availability settings so that you can request it for the correct dates if that works for me.
Can I pick up the truck on the weekend or outside of your normal hours?
Maybe! Ask first and I'll check my schedule. I'm pretty flexible if I have enough notice.
Awesome pictures! Can I take it off-roading too?
Sadly, no. While off-roading is a lot of fun, Turo doesn't allow you to drive any rented vehicle on any unpaved surface. The way their policy is written, I think this also applies to gravel parking areas, so taking it off-road is not allowed.
Second-time renter. The truck works perfectly and it is ideal for carrying heavy loads and hauling heavy stuff. This is a workhorse and Nick is a great guy who is flexible and accommodating who will reply back to you within minutes. I will continue to rent from Nick in the future without hesitation.
Both Nicholas and his truck were wonderful. I needed a reliable truck to carry a large water tote in my cabin 100 miles away. Despite extremely heavy rain, dense fog, melting snow and muddy conditions, the truck, which has a manual 4x4 transmission, performed flawlessly. And even more importantly, Nicholas was totally laid back and flexible with the rental. I returned the car about an hour and a half after I told him I would do so, and he was very understanding. All in all, a great rental from a great owner!