If this is your first time renting on Turo, get $25 off the rental of this Honda CRV by using the referral link below. Sign up to get the discount!
My Toyota Tundra is an awesome car to drive while touring the Big Island of Hawaii! From the Mauna Loa Volcano, to the amazing beaches on the Kona coast, this four door, full size truck will keep you going with Aloha!
You will enjoy the leather seats and steering wheel controls of this limited series Toyota Tundra. The convenient four doors make it great for any family, while the 6ft truck bed will make it easy to use surfboards or kayaks while visiting the island. Great for entertaining kids on the long drives around our big island with a DVD player and screen in the back seat, complete with two separate headphone ports! Also in Hawaii you can enjoy the beautiful aloha air while riding in the truck bed to all the amazing beaches around the island!
Spacious passenger and cargo areas; straightforward interior controls; nifty family-friendly features; agile handling. Air conditioning blows ice cold. Fits the whole family with plenty of room for kids, car seats, and strollers. Wether your planning an epic honeymoon, or a relaxing family vacation, you will be glad you went with this full size truck instead of the compact or even standard sized car at the rental company.
***This Tundra is only 2WD and can not go up Mauna Kea summit or down Wiapio Valley, or off road anywhere on the island***
DVD player and back seat screen
Mobile device dashboard holder
Digital thermometer and compass
USB charging ports
I prefer to pick up renters in the CRV and then get dropped off. I live right in town in Kailua-Kona and most renters are usually able to allow me to pick them up and then drop me off at this address:
75-5851 Kuakini Hwy Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
I also prefer to meet up with renters at the same address and then drop them off at the airport at the end of the rental.
1. The car must be returned clean just as it was picked up. There is a great car wash place called Lex Brodie's Express Car Wash. They do a fast car wash with a vacuum service in Kailua-Kona that you can get a cheap and good cleaning done at before you drop the car off if needed.
Download the Thanx app and get $5 off the car wash at Lex Brodie's express car wash when you use my referral code: https://signup.thanx.com/lexbrodies/Josh-69653141
Address is below:
Lex Brodies Kona Express Car Wash 75-5570 Kuakini Hwy. Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
MON-SAT 7AM – 6:30PM
SUN 8AM- 6:30PM
2. Please make sure the gas level is returned to aleast the same level that it was given to you at.
3. No smoking is allowed in the car whatsoever. Please do not at all smoke cigarettes or light anything while in the vehicle.
4. Anyone who wants to drive the car must be listed on the Turo rental. Only drivers listed and approved by Turo are insured and covered to drive the vehicle.
5. Because of some of the rough terrain on the island there are some places the Tundra cannot go. This is standard with all rentals on the island that are not four wheel drive. The Tundra cannot go off-road to any beach that is not accessible by paved roads. Please do not take the Tundra up Mauna Kea to the visitors center and absolutely not up to the summit. The roads up Mauna Kea are very dangerous if you do not have four wheel drive which the Tundra does not. Also please do not try to go down Waipio Valley which also is dangerous and absolutely requires four wheel drive to get back up the valley.
2004 Toyota TundraJosh's Tundra1557
Josh was VERY flexible and responsive in the arrangements to pick up the truck, despite our flights being extremely delayed and other issues. He's a great guy, and the truck was perfect for our trip, in Hawaii you can have passengers ride in the truck bed, which is fantastic for large groups.
Josh and his wife are amazing. My girlfriend and I visited Kona 12/25/16-1/6/17 and had a really great experience with them. They even allowed us to pick up their truck on Christmas day! The truck was great; lots of fun to drive and no problems whatsoever. Thank you!