My first car was a BMW 320i. It handled well, but lacked power wasn’t good in winter.
The X1 has BMW’s well-known 4-cylinder turbo engine with 8-speed automatic/manual transmission. What you get from that is a strong, and smooth 241 HP engine, so overtaking cars on the highway is a snap. It’s also not too much power, so you really can’t get out of control.
The 8-speed automatic transmission is smooth. It quickly moves to higher gears, so the car is very fuel efficient (6.5 L / 100km Hwy, and 10 L / 100km City).
The engine also has turbo, which means a moment of delay in acceleration when in automatic mode. However switch it into manual mode, drop down 2 gears and the engine accelerates instantly, even at low revs.
The tires are quiet and grippy, the cabin and engine are quiet on the highway. There is A/C, a panoramic sunroof, heated seats, and a heated steering wheel. So, the car is very comfortable and calming on long trips. You won’t feel tired out from driving. Of course, when you want power and handling on twisty roads, power and grip are always available.
The car also has xDrive, so it’s great for acceleration and winter driving. The power is rear-wheel drive biased, so it keeps the handling and cornering feel you enjoy from a BMW.
There is plenty of room in the back, and 40/20/40 split fold-down rear seats. The cabin is the same size as a 3-series, so an average sized adult will be comfortable in the front or the back even on long drives.
* Use 91 Premium gasoline only. Please present your receipt as proof when returning the car
* No using this vehicle for carrying construction materials
* No smoking, no pets (sorry, no exceptions)
* The car is in excellent condition, please return it the same. There are wipes for the interior, a small vacuum for any dirt on the floor, and garbage bags in the trunk for you to use to keep it clean
* We are a 4 minute walk from Mont-Royal metro station in the Plateau
* You can park the car on the street when you return it