"Much like its size and styling, the NX's driving experience clearly differentiates it from the bigger RX. The steering is more responsive, the compact dimensions imbue a..." -- Edmunds
"So how does the NX stack up against its competitors? We spent some time behind the wheel. Our opinions are generally favorable, though we're not sure this..." -- AutoTrader
"Its comfortable ride is reminiscent of large Lexuses new and old -- provided one forgoes the F-Sport, that is. And on open roads and sharp corners, it..." -- AutoWeek
Ample power once the turbo drive kicks in. Smooth sailing once you get up to speed.
2.0 L Turbo 16-valve DOHC, 235 HP, 258 ib-ft Torque
6-speed Automatic Transmission
18 Inch Aluminium Wheels with All Season Tires
Lexus Enform Safety Connect: Automatic Collision Notification, StolenVehicle Location, Emergency
10-Speaker Lexus Display Audio System, HD Radio w/iTunes Taggling and Real_time Traffic and Weather, USB/iPod/MP3 Control.
Auto Dual Zone Climate Control and Rear Vents
4.2 Inch Full Color Multi-Information, Audio and Outside Temp Display
Navigation with Remote Capability
Rear Cross traffic Alert
Seat Ventilation, Cooling, and Heating
Power Tilt and Slide Moon Roof
Wheel Locks and Key Gloves
Links to a couple of review and overview videos:
Enjoy this nimble, capable sport utility vehicle and treat it like your own. Non smoking cabin. Please return clean.
Notes on Las Vegas McCarran Airport:
1. The Uber and Lyft ride sharing wave has arrived to Las Vegas. Currently, there are more than 44,000 drivers here. As such, the McCarran Airport has decided to capitalize on the wave. They have collected several million dollars in parking fairs and curb fines since they started allowing ride sharing at the airport. Specifically, they have extra security staff at the Arrivals Pick Up Curb that will issue a ticket to anyone who drives up and looks like they are doing any kind of ride sharing operation. Therefore, we will meet you near the arrivals short term parking garage. We'll SMS (text message) our exact parking location as you leave the baggage claim area and approach the ground transportation arrivals pick up areas outside. For those with lots of luggage and/or family, loading the car in a designated parking spot rather than curb side will allow ample time to load rather than rush, rush, rush with a security guard looking over your shoulders.
2. The airport parking charge is $2.00 for the first hour. If we can get the car loaded and leave within 15 minutes, there is no charge for parking.
3. In severe weather, sometimes flights are late. If we have your airline and flight number we can watch the progress of your flight and bring the car when you arrive. We normally take public transportation home after hand off. However, if the flight arrives past mid-night our go home transportation alternatives are limited. If your flight arrives between midnight and 6am, we would appreciate it if you could give us a ride near home, which is about 7 miles from the airport and 3-4 miles from the Las Vegas Strip.
4. McCarran Airport currently has two active terminals: T-1 and T-3. Most domestic flights arrive at T-1. Most International flights arrive at T-3. There are also some domestic airlines arriving at T-3. If you would be so kind as to let us know when you reserve the car, which airline you will be arriving on, then we'll be prepared to pick you up at the right location.
5. If you arrive at Terminal 1, we'll meet on Level 2M of the Short Term parking garage. To get there you would follow the signs to Passenger Pick up on Level 1. You'll walk on a long conveyor belt across a long foot bridge to the arrivals pick up area. Cross the driveway and take the elevator to Level 2M (Excalibur). The car will be parked in the area opposite of the Uber/Lyft ride sharing area.
6. In Terminal 3 we would meet in Level 1 passenger pick area. If you arrive on the ground level (taxis), that is Level Zero. Take the elevator up one level to Level 1. You'll take a walk on a conveyor belt across a long outdoor foot bridge. The car will be parked just across the pick up driveway in the short term parking garage. The passenger pick up area has huge rectangular support columns that have numbers at the top. We generally park the car across from post #15.
Within a three hour drive from Las Vegas you can see:
Mount Charleston, Spring Mountain National Recreation Area, Lee Canyon Road
National Desert Preserve, Corn Creek
Cold Creek, Nevada
Red Rock National Conservation Area. Just head west on Charleston Blvd to the west edge of town.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area and Rainbow Gardens Road. Just head east on Mead Mead Blvd to the west edge of town.
Valley of Fire Nevada State Park
Grand Canyon West near Dolan Springs, Arizona
Zion National Park, Springdale, Utah
Mojave National Preserve, Cima Road
Death Valley National Park (February is the best month to visit)