It's a 4x4 Jeep with versatility. It's as happy navigating the city streets as it is rolling through desert washes. It has today's electronic features, such as Bluetooth, USB ports, navigation, automatic climate control, full moon roof, and thumping high grade sound system. The key fob can not only unlock the doors, but also can start the car, open the rear lift gate, and scare away hungry bears with the panic button.
Non-smoking cabin. Please provide more advanced notice if your trip ends before scheduled, so that the car is not left unlocked in the airport parking garage for several hours.
Notes on Las Vegas McCarran Airport:
1. The Uber and Lyft ride sharing wave has arrived to Las Vegas. Currently, there are more than 44,000 drivers here. As such, the McCarran Airport has decided to capitalize on the wave. They have collected several million dollars in parking fairs and curb fines since they started allowing ride sharing at the airport. Specifically, they have extra security staff at the Arrivals Pick Up Curb that will issue a ticket to anyone who drives up and looks like they are doing any kind of ride sharing operation. Therefore, we will meet you near the arrivals short term parking garage. We'll SMS (text message) our exact parking location as you leave the baggage claim area and approach the ground transportation arrivals pick up areas outside. For those with lots of luggage and/or family, loading the car in a designated parking spot rather than curb side will allow ample time to load rather than rush, rush, rush with a security guard looking over your shoulders.
2. The airport parking charge is $2.00 for the first hour. If we can get the car loaded and leave within 15 minutes, there is no charge for parking.
3. In severe weather, sometimes flights are late. If we have your airline and flight number we can watch the progress of your flight and bring the car when you arrive. We normally take public transportation home after hand off. However, if the flight arrives past mid-night our go home transportation alternatives are limited. If your flight arrives between midnight and 6am, we would appreciate it if you could give us a ride near home, which is about 7 miles from the airport and 3-4 miles from the Las Vegas Strip.
4. McCarran Airport currently has two active terminals: T-1 and T-3. Most domestic flights arrive at T-1. Most International flights arrive at T-3. There are also some domestic airlines arriving at T-3. If you would be so kind as to let us know when you reserve the car, which airline you will be arriving on, then we'll be prepared to pick you up at the right location.
5. If you arrive at Terminal 1, we'll meet on Level 2M of the Short Term parking garage. Send a text message as you are leaving the baggage claim area. Follow the signs to Passenger Pick up on Level 1. You'll walk on a long conveyor belt across a long foot bridge to the arrivals pick up area. Cross the driveway and take the elevator to Level 2M (Excalibur). The car will be parked in the area opposite of the Uber/Lyft ride sharing area.
6. In Terminal 3 we would meet in Level 1 passenger pick area. Send a text message as you are leaving the baggage claim area. If you arrive on the ground level (taxis), that is Level Zero. Take the elevator up one level to Level 1. You'll take a walk on a conveyor belt across a long outdoor foot bridge. The car will be parked just across the pick up driveway in the short term parking garage. The passenger pick up area has huge rectangular support columns that have numbers at the top. We generally park the car across from post #15.
There is a cooler box available for those who may want to take a day to picnic at one of the many national monuments surrounding Las Vegas. Just let us know before car hand off. No extra charge. Just return it clean.
Within a three hour drive you can see:
Mount Charleston, Spring Mountain National Recreation Area, Lee Canyon Road
National Desert Preserve, Corn Creek
Cold Creek, Nevada
Red Rock National Conservation Area. Just head west on Charleston Blvd to the west edge of town.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area and Rainbow Gardens Road. Just head east on Mead Mead Blvd to the west edge of town.
Valley of Fire Nevada State Park
Grand Canyon West near Dolan Springs, Arizona
Zion National Park, Springdale, Utah
Mojave National Preserve, Cima Road
Death Valley National Park (February is the best month to visit)