IF YOU ARE READING A COMPLAINT OF ONE CRAZY LADY...I DID DO A WHEEL ALIGNMENT AND CAR NO LONGER PULLS "SLIGHTLY" TO THE LEFT. PLS SEE ALL MY POSITVE FEEDBACK AND IGNORE THE DIATRIBE THIS LAST RENTER WROTE.
ALIGNMENT WAS OFF A LITTLE AND I OFFERRED HER HALF HER $ BACK.
SHE CAN WRITE A COMPLAINT IF SHE WANTS BUT A FULL PAGE RANT IS SLIGHT OVERKILL ON A 23$ 1 DAY RENTAL.
TURO RESOLVED THE ISSUE BY CREDITING HER 3$.
I GUESS THAT LEFT HER FEELING SOMEWHAT DISSATISFIED.
SORRY FOR THE RANT HERE BUT I BELIEVE REPUTATION IS VERY IMPORTANT ESPECIALLY IN THIS BIZ.
I ALSO HAVE 10 YEARS OF 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK ON EBAY.
2008 Hyundai Veracruzdavid's Hyundai154.510
David was great! Very flexible and easy pickup/drop off.
This five star review is based on two things: communication and value. First time user of the service, and David's communication was fantastic. No questions unanswered and responses within 20 minutes. Next, value. A six-seater SUV for $25 a day for two weeks? Good luck finding that elsewhere. It was the middle of winter, and the car had been used just prior, but the value was incredible. Would use one of David's cars again.
Driver side headlight and tail light don't work. Took into shop and they said it was a wiring problem. They did replace the wipers that didn't clear the windshield, so it wasn't a wasted trip to the repair shop. Car pulls to the right, the brakes are a little rough, tire sensor was going off for front passenger side, other front tire has cracking in the side walls. A couple dings on the outside, and inside isn't very fresh smelling and a bit cluttered.
This car had ssues with the steering and wheel alignment and was not safe to drive. Having to hold the wheel turned to the right to keep the car driving straight and from veering off road.
While I appreciated David's attempts to remedy the situation in person with me, its difficult to give a positive review for this trip for a few reasons:
1. The car was not safe to drive and I was not informed of this mechanical issue prior to driving the car. Given he informed me this was a friend's car he was renting as a favor, that he had test drove it himself a few times prior, I would assume he was aware of the alignment issue as the responsible party listing his friend's car and it should have been corrected before being listed for rent. Although the warning light was on, he informed me this was due to the right rear low tire pressure but it was safe to drive but never disclosing the alignment. I did not feel concerned initially with driving the car until I became aware of the steering and alignment issue.
2. When I met in person to return the car, I informed him I didn't think the discount of $10 dollars was adequate given the inconvenience of renting a car I could not use, and my time lost as a result, other transportation costs to me to pick a car up and drop it off for a car I couldn't use safely. Half the time/mileage used was to return the vehicle as a convenience.
David's first response to me regarding the safety concerns and alignment was "well what do you expect with a car that has 90,000 miles on it and is being rented for $20 bucks?" (the rental was $26 dollars not including taxes and fees)
I replied I expected the car to at minimum be safe to drive. I wasn't renting a car for how nice it looks or how new it is, I was renting a car for a functional purpose which was to get me from point A to B safely without any hassle or concerns whether it was safe to drive the car. He did not believe the alignment and steering being off made the car unsafe. I disagreed given I had to hold/keep the wheel turned to the right the entire time driving to keep it driving straight and from veering off the road or onto other lanes.
3. I found David's comment to be rude, demeaning, and inconsiderate of my time with a general lack of awareness of quality customer service. I did not feel he realized that he is offering a service and part of that service is ensuring the product you are renting/advertising is safe for its consumers, is functional and operates as advertised. I never would have rented the car it it was listed accurately in the description.
His comment led me to believe David did not have any insight into the non monetary cost to me and the value of my time, energy, and losing the opportunity to use the car for its intended purpose which was to visit my parents.
Lastly, his comment did not make me feel like he was approachable and quite frankly, it was passive aggressive and felt as if he was redirecting the blame to me insinuating I was ignorant to believe a "$20 dollar rental" can't also be functional and safe to drive.
4. When I asked for a refund/discount. He offered to pay me 10 dollars cash and asked me if "I had a ten" for change purposes. After we could not come to an agreement I told him I would feel more comfortable going through Turo to resolve the matter. He later messaged me and attempts to remedy the situation further but asked if I had PayPal at which point I again messaged him to tell him that I believed financial transactions outside of the website were against contract/policy and I wanted to resolve the manner through Turo.
5. Less important to me because again my need was purely functional versus aesthetics; however for other renters -the car had a strong smell of cigarette smoke with cigarette ash visible in the ash tray. Car was decently cleaned, but could have been more cleanly in general but was mostly clean outside of this.
I gave 2 stars because David did attempt to remedy the situation, and he allowed me to return the vehicle early.