Rent it now! This Beautiful All Wheel Drive SUV is available for your Island Trip! Safe, Reliable, Fun, Family Friendly Vehicle. Will drop off to you at the airport or your location. 5 star service guaranteed. Great Gas Mileage, Reliable and able to go almost anywhere on the Island!
When you come visit Kauai, make sure you get a vehicle with All Wheel Drive or 4x4 so you can see all the sights! It can go from sunny to downpour in an instant, so make sure to pick the right vehicle.
Long Term Trips Accepted. Fast, Friendly, 5 Star Service.
I'm excited to help you have the best trip on the island!
The car will be delivered clean and fueled up. Please vacuum before returning.
Will deliver to airport or your location. 5 star service guaranteed!
Please respect the vehicle and use common sense. 🚭 No smoking.
1st of all, this was my 1st ever experience renting a car fm a private owner via Turo. All of my car rentals worldwide over the past 2 decades+ were exclusively with rental companies.
2ndly, this rental experience with Meagan has now set a very high bar to benchmark against all my car rentals via Turo in the future. Simply put, renting fm Meagan is refreshingly pleasant & satisfying across all aspects relevant to renting a car anywhere.
Some key highlights re why I enjoyed my rental experience so much with Turo /Meagan:
1. As I'm a bit of a car enthusiast, I luv the fact that I can book precisely the car model, yr of manufacturer and even the specific colour which I hv chosen on Turo. All of these rarely possible if renting fm major rental companies.
2. Turo insurance is easy to obtain+understand and not just more affordable but better value than the typical plans @ major rental companies.
3. Communication/coordination with Meagan re my car booking was easy throughout.
4. The lock box for the car key was easier to operate than I feared.
5. I couldn't believe Meagan's Nissan Murano is 10yrs old. Its look and feel both inside & out are more like a 6-7yrs old car. Obviously it doesn't hv some newer fancy design features common on newer models these days but function-wise, this 2007 Murano still offer way more functions+space(A standard Jeep Wrangler I rented fm Thrifty before on Kauai felt like a shoe box in comparison) than a typical tourist would ever need while driving around Kauai. E.g. while other rental sedans or convertibles were 'crawling' slowly over dips & bumps along the dirt road on their way to Polihale beach during a light drizzle, my 4WD Murano just sailed past these obstacles with ease...it's almost as tough as a Jeep Wrangler on rough roads(but not off-road which no Murano driver should try anyway).
5. Upon my pick up of Meagan's Murano, it wasn't just very clean. It was practically in showroom condition and I suspect the car has probably received a polish treatment not long ago. In fact for day1-2 when the Murano was still clean, I admit I felt a bit proud whenever I parked Meagan's car right in front of my hotel/resort lobby for brief runs to the hotel reception.
6. I was planning to give the Murano a car wash @ the end of my rental(My 5yrs old son insist as he luv watching car wash). Unfortunately, auto car wash places on Kauai close early and open late and conflicted with our activity+flight schedules. Meagan was so kind to take care of it on my behalf.
A few things to consider re renting the Murano fm Meagan:
a) Remind/Ensure Meagan to send car pick-up instruction(obviously except airport parking location) AT LEAST 24hrs prior to scheduled pickup time. I did not hv time to check Meagan's messages nor hv internet access at all most of the time during the last 12hrs before car pickup as I was mostly in-transit on my way to Kauai. It's probably a problem specific to me but nevertheless may be useful tip especially for those flying longhaul into Hawaii/Kauai.
b) Expect fuel consumption of the Murano to be significantly higher than your hybrid or Tesla @ home. After all, it's a mid-size SUV with a 3.5L purely gasoline engine carrying 4WD hardware. However, Kauai is not big so your total mileage driven won't be big anyway.
Meagan was a great host and will definitely definitely consider whenever I'm back. She was communicable, punctual and provide great recommendations. The car was clean and reliable, perfect for the island. Thanks Meagan!
Megan was awesome! Great communication and very helpful. She also equipped the car with a beach Umbrella and a Kauai guide book. Truly an easy process. We landed got off the plane and walked to the car! We off and running in less than 5min. I would recommend this to everyone planning on visiting Kauai.
Had a great experience renting with Megan - great communication & her car was clean / & just what we needed - all wheel drive is very nice to have for exploring the island! (esp after rain!) We also used the umbrella she provided as well. Would def rent from her again! THANK YOU!
Working with Meagan was great. We had a last minute schedule change that she was able to accommodate and we are forever thankful. Car was spotless inside and out and even had a beach umbrella inside. We will definitely rent again if we come back out. Highly recommend- very clear communication and car was great!
Meagan was awesome to work with! She was quick with communication, her vehicle was clean and as described. She was very flexible with our flight delay and approved a date change last minute. All in all a great experience!