Avoid the long Kona airport rental car lines and have this awesome Santa Fe Sport delivered right to the curb when you get off the plane! This is one of the biggest benefits of renting with Turo as the average lineup at the rental car companies if you rent from them can easily be over an hour after you get off your flight! You'll beat everyone else to your sweet hotel or to the beach with Turo!
If this is your first time renting on Turo, get $25 off the rental of my Hyundai Santa Fe Sport by using the referral link below. Sign up to get the discount!
Get this mid-size SUV for less than what any other car rental company on the island will do for this sized car!
Connect your phone over Bluetooth and control your music or phone call with steering wheel controls. Spacious passenger and cargo areas; straightforward interior controls; nifty family-friendly features; agile handling. Air conditioning blows ice cold. Fits the whole family with plenty of room for kids, car seats, and strollers. Wether your planning an epic honeymoon, or a relaxing family vacation, you will be glad you went with this midsized SUV. Comes with a GPS and charger, "Lonely Planet: Hawaii" travel guide, and USB charging ports! Also has an AUX cable plug in with headphone jack cable, and IPhone 7 adaptor to keep you jamming around the whole island!
This Hyundai Santa Fe Sport is an awesome car to drive while touring the Big Island of Hawaii! From the Mauna Loa Volcano, to the amazing beaches on the Kona coast, this mid-sized SUV will keep you going with Aloha.
Renters must agree to return vehicle with the same amount of gas in the tank as it was when deliver. Vehicle must also be cleaned upon return or There will be a
Generally public parking in downtown Kailua-Kona is free but you do need to know where to look. There are some paid lots but you should never need to park there. All he parking lots mentioned below are the best to park in to easily walk into town.
1. One free lot is adjacent to the Kona Public Library and is the same lot where there is a outdoor farmers market. Right next to it is a smaller paid lot so do not go there!
2. The next best is the parking lot across from the Shell station at this address:
75-5700 Kuakini Hwy Kailua Kona, HI 96740 United States
You can park there overnight but you can park there all day for free.
3. The next best is in Coconut Grove where Outback Steakhouse. Parking is free there all day long.
I prefer to pick up renters in the Santa Fe Sport and then get dropped off. I live right in town in Kailua-Kona and most renters are usually able to allow me to pick them up and then drop me off at this address:
75-5851 Kuakini Hwy Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
I also prefer to meet up with renters at the same address and then drop them off at the airport at the end of the rental.
1. The car must be returned clean just as it was picked up. There is a great car wash place called Lex Brodie's Express Car Wash. They do a fast car wash with a vacuum service in Kailua-Kona that you can get a cheap and good cleaning done at before you drop the car off if needed.
Download the Thanx app and get $5 off the car wash at Lex Brodie's express car wash when you use my referral code: https://signup.thanx.com/lexbrodies/Josh-69653141
Address is below:
Lex Brodies Kona Express Car Wash 75-5570 Kuakini Hwy. Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
MON-SAT 7AM – 6:30PM
SUN 8AM- 6:30PM
2. Please make sure the gas level is returned to aleast the same level that it was given to you at.
3. No smoking is allowed in the car whatsoever. Please do not at all smoke cigarettes or light anything while in the vehicle.
4. Anyone who wants to drive the car must be listed on the Turo rental. Only drivers listed and approved by Turo are insured and covered to drive the vehicle.
5. Because of some of the rough terrain on the island there are some places it cannot go. This is standard with all rentals on the island that are not four wheel drive. The Santa Fe Sport cannot go off-road to any beach that is not accessible by paved roads. Please do not take the Sanup Mauna Kea to the visitors center and absolutely not up to the summit. The roads up Mauna Kea are very dangerous if you do not have four wheel drive which the Santa Fe Sport does not. Also please do not try to go down Waipio Valley which also is dangerous and absolutely requires four wheel drive to get back up the valley.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe SportJosh's Santa Fe Sport15515
Great experience! Auto was superb, and Josh was great. Will be back in a few weeks and hope to rent again. Thanks Josh!
Josh's vehicle was the perfect for our trip! Plenty of room for my wife and I and the occasional friend traveling with us! I would certainly look for Josh's car again on our next trip to the Big Island!