If this is your first time renting on Turo, get $25 off the rental of my Honda CRV by using the referral link below. Sign up to get the discount!
Get this mid-size SUV for less than what any other car rental company on the island will do for this sized car!
Spacious passenger and cargo areas; straightforward interior controls; nifty family-friendly features; agile handling. Air conditioning blows ice cold. Fits the whole family with plenty of room for kids, car seats, and strollers. Wether your planning an epic honeymoon, or a relaxing family vacation, you will be glad you went with this midsized SUV. Comes with a GPS and charger, "Lonely Planet: Hawaii" travel guide, and USB charging ports! Also has an AUX cable plug in with headphone jack cable, and IPhone 7 adaptor to keep you jamming around the whole island!
This Honda CR-V is an awesome car to drive while touring the Big Island of Hawaii! From the Mauna Loa Volcano, to the amazing beaches on the Kona coast, this mid-sized SUV will keep you going with Aloha.
Lonely Planet: Hawaii Travel Guide
Mobile device dashboard holder
Removable trunk liner
USB/accessory charging ports front/back
iPhone 7 audio input adaptor
I prefer to pick up renters in the CRV and then get dropped off. I live right in town in Kailua-Kona and most renters are usually able to allow me to pick them up and then drop me off at this address:
75-5851 Kuakini Hwy Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
I also prefer to meet up with renters at the same address and then drop them off at the airport at the end of the rental.
1. The car must be returned clean just as it was picked up. There is a great car wash place called Lex Brodie's Express Car Wash. They do a fast car wash with a vacuum service in Kailua-Kona that you can get a cheap and good cleaning done at before you drop the car off if needed.
Download the Thanx app and get $5 off the car wash at Lex Brodie's express car wash when you use my referral code: https://signup.thanx.com/lexbrodies/Josh-69653141
Address is below:
Lex Brodies Kona Express Car Wash 75-5570 Kuakini Hwy. Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
MON-SAT 7AM – 6:30PM
SUN 8AM- 6:30PM
2. Please make sure the gas level is returned to aleast the same level that it was given to you at.
3. No smoking is allowed in the car whatsoever. Please do not at all smoke cigarettes or light anything while in the vehicle.
4. Anyone who wants to drive the car must be listed on the Turo rental. Only drivers listed and approved by Turo are insured and covered to drive the vehicle.
5. Because of some of the rough terrain on the island there are some places it cannot go. This is standard with all rentals on the island that are not four wheel drive. The CRV cannot go off-road to any beach that is not accessible by paved roads. Please do not take the CRV up Mauna Kea to the visitors center and absolutely not up to the summit. The roads up Mauna Kea are very dangerous if you do not have four wheel drive which the CRV does not. Also please do not try to go down Waipio Valley which also is dangerous and absolutely requires four wheel drive to get back up the valley.
2011 Honda CR-VJosh's Honda CR-V15515
We had an excellent experience renting Josh's car and the pick up/drop off made the trip really easy. Thanks Josh!
This was an absolutely great experience from the pick up to the drop off. Josh was very helpful, not only with the car but with advice on traveling tips!! Couldn't be happier! Will be sure to rent from him every time we come!
My family and I took a trip to Hawaii and decided to give Turo a try. Josh was very communicative throughout the process and was even kind enough to share some fun things to do on the island! The vehicle handled very well, was clean, and achieved decent gas mileage. Would certainly rent a again!
Josh is a very good host, he was right on time at the airport. For the car, very nice and economic SUV, very good for the condition in Big Island (being high). I recommend Josh's CR-V for all the people going in Big Island and don't want to pay a lot on a rental and on gas.
Josh is a great person to deal with. Very flexible. The car worked perfectly for our trip to the Island. Easily fits 5 with plenty of luggage space. Economical ride too. Easy to drive. Hopefully we can work to let her again. Thanks Josh!