Thank you for choosing the Mazda CX9 for your Turo trip rental here on the Big Island. This car is being rented as a used, casual, family style vehicle. I kindly ask that you keep that in mind. The following are some guidelines that will make your Turo rental more pleasant:
1) Please contact me at least 1 to 2 days upon arrival so that we may arrange the pickup and drop off details. The pickup options are: a) the car will be at the airport in a designated stall or b) I can arrange for the car to be delivered to your location. It will be on a situational, case-by-case basis. Drop off will be the same.
2) I ask that you please respect the rules of the road and be mindful of NO PARKING, TOW ZONE areas, times, and the SPEED LIMIT. If you receive tickets you must pay them IMMEDIATELY!!! If not, you will incur additional court and collection fees. If the car is towed. Please contact me ASAP, because I will need to go and get the car and a fee of $50 (in addition to the towing fee) will be charged to you.
3) Please call Turo's roadside assistance number at 1-866-735-2901 for towing, jump start service, tire changes, etc. If a mechanical issue happens that will interfere with the safety or driveability of the car, there may be a possibility for me to give you a replacement vehicle (if available). If I am unable to do so, your Turo reservation will be immediately canceled, and the rest of your rental/trip fee will be refunded.
4) The gas level should be at the same level as when the car was picked up.
5) Some destinations are not allowed for this car. There is a good amount of rough terrain on the island, and there are some places this car cannot go. This vehicle is NOT to be used for any OFF-ROADING (e.g.- driving up Mauna Kea or down into Waipio Valley, both of which require four-wheel drive vehicles). It is strictly for casual, and leisure driving.
6) All drivers must be registered Turo users to be covered by the Turo insurance.
7) Please limit excessive eating, drinking, and leaving trash in the car. Certain areas on the Big Island are very humid, and ROACHES will come out of the woodwork quickly. Thhe car will be given to you clean and should be returned in the same condition. A cleaning fee (depending on the damage) will be charged to you if the car is returned with excessive trash, sand, or dirty.
8) The Turo rental can only be picked up at the DESIGNATED time. It will not be released earlier due to contractual, and insurance stipulations. If the Turo rental is returned late, you will be charged an additional fee of $50 per hour by Turo. It is best to try and book another day with Turo if you know that you will be late more than 10 minutes. Please contact me if you think that you might need to return the car late.
9) NO PETS are allowed in the car. You will be charged an additional damage fee if pets are found to be transported in the vehicle.
10) Lastly, ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING is allowed in the vehicle at ANY TIME! This is a smoke-free vehicle. You will be charged an additional cleaning fee by Turo if you smoke in the car.
Thank you for reading these guidelines. Please email or text me when you book your Turo trip to let me know that you have read, and agree to these guidelines.
Please enjoy the MAZDA CX9 for your Turo trip.