This car is awesome. It is the newest edition to the fleet. This is car number 6 to my fleet. It has AWD and three rows of seating. It is the SX model. That means it's got the big V-6 engine and all the bells and whistles. I'm still finishing the car up. Just got the weathertek floor mats today. Still trying to do more.
Probably the most popular car in my fleet is the Acura MDX. This car is extremely similar which is why I bought it. It is very fun to drive. My wife and baby have been tooling around in it while we are making the transition to the fleet. It is about the same size as the MDX with similar luxury. This is the top of the line KIA version and they are pretty freaking nice.
This car is low priced now, because I'm finishing up the car. The biggest thing is all of my cars are set up with remote access which means I can unlock the car from anywhere in the world that has Internet access. I call this the "brain". Because this is not set up yet I potentially need a ride back from DIA and will likely drop the car off to you personally. Because of these reasons I have the car priced very inexpensively.
I also hate the fact that the car has no reviews. I have over 200 reviews and a five star rating. This is because both my cars and myself kick ass ;)
Picking up the car
• You will pick up the car from the Pikes Peak long-term parking lot unless other arrangements are made. The exact row location of the car will be sent to you the day you are to receive the car. Free shuttles provide service from the airport approximately every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day. Shuttles pick up on Level 5, island 3, outside doors 507 and 511 (east side) and outside doors 506 and 510 (west side). Look for the shuttle displaying a Pikes Peak Lot sign.
• Send us a text once you land. After you book your reservation you will have access to my cell phone directly. This is simply to give us a heads up to be ready for you.
• Once you get to the car, you will need to send me two pictures. The first is your drivers license. I don’t need any personal information DOB, address, etc. I just want to see the name of the person who rented the car. The other picture of you in front of the car. Selfie or another person in the party taking the pic works fine. This is done for insurance purposes.
• As soon as you get in the car, take a photo of the odometer and text that to us which will be verification of the pick-up time of the car.
• There is no delivery fee since parking fees will be charged, but not to exceed $24. (Any amount above $30 will be reimbursed, so save the parking receipt.)
• Have a wonderful trip!
Returning the car
• Car must be filled with gas prior to drop off. (Fees will apply if tank is not full.)
• You will return the car to the Pikes Peak long-term parking lot in any row unless other arrangements are made. Text us the row letter(s) in which the car is parked which will be verification of the return time of the car. (Fees will apply if car is returned late.)
• Leave the key and parking lot ticket in the center console.
• Driving Directions for returning car to the Pikes Peak lot:
o On Pena Boulevard, drive to the 75th Avenue exit (this exit will have a sign for car rental returns)
o Stay in the right hand lane and take the 75th Avenue exit
o Proceed straight ahead at the light past Gun Club Road for approximately one mile
o The Pikes Peak Shuttle Lot entrance is on the right
• Insurance and registration information can be found in the center console.
• This is a non-smoking vehicle. (Fees will apply if there has been smoking in the car.)
• Chargers for your devices are provided for you to use in the car. (Contact us if you are interested in purchasing one.)
• You may take the car to be washed and vacuumed for free at any Waterways location. The Waterways card is located in the center console.
Please tell me a little about yourself and how many people are with you as well as what your plans are. Thank you for your consideration.
FOR SKI SEASON -
I specialize in cars for skiers and the winter vacation. In addition to having a fleet of all wheel drive vehicles designed for Colorado roads. All six of my AWD vehicles are equipped with mounting devices. This allows them to have ski racks or giant Thule cargo boxes.
This is a new business line, please be patient :) It is not designed to be a profit center, but merely a valuable service for my renters. I'm not trying to make a profit merely cover my costs of capital, time, and the risks.
The Thule box is the Force XXL. It is the biggest freaking box they make. I'm the size of on outsized linebacker in the NFL. 6'2 and 240 lbs. I can fit in this box.
I found out that Turo insurance does not cover after market add on's. Because of this there is a charge of $80 rental for a cargo box and a $20 charge for the ski rack. Let me know if you will be requiring either of these.
Snow tires or chains
2011 Kia SorentoSorento - Top of the line - AWD1557
Mike was very helpful with my first Turo experience.
Mike's Kia Sorrento was perfect for our trip to keystone. There was plenty of room, the car was very clean inside, and the all wheel drive worked great in the mountains (even with the 31" of snow we got on Saturday). I was able to confidently navigate in all conditions the entire trip and I would rent the car again in a heart beat. Pick up and drop off was also very convenient.
We had a small issue, the last person to rent the SUV left it another place in the parking lot. You can imagine this made things difficult, however Mike was always very helpfull. The SUV was a bit dirty (snow/winter season) , however I really don't mind and for the price it was a bargain. The SUV is incredible, the best car I've ever driven in the snow ( counting jeeps, patriots, even audis) Also I average about 20mpg that for a V6 in the mountains is almost a joke.
A plus was that mike left a brush/scraper that came very handy to deal with the snow, also a charger and cable for iphone and micro usb. A nice plus to be honest. Not sure what else to say, Lets just resume that next time I go to denver I'll be looking to rent a Mike's car.
Mike was a great host! He responded quickly and was easy to get a hold of. The original car I booked had some issues and he was quick to offer one of his other cars he had available. I'll be in Denver again and won't hesitate to book one of Mikes cars again.
Mike was super helpful and made the process very easy! Vehicle was excellent and clean. Mike went above and beyond, he even left an ice scraper in the car which was a life saver during a snowstorm. Thank you Mike! :-)