This car is the newest edition to the fleet. This car is designed for people who want an SUV and/or All Wheel Drive. It is a value priced vehicle. It is designed for budget, and younger people.
The car is in excellent mechanically sound system. The best part for you drivers is that it has brand new tires!
Rent it fast. The reason this car is so cheap is that I'm trying to get ten rentals out to get the positive reviews and feedback. The price will rise after that.
This SUV has leather heated seats and a kick ass stereo.
Picking up the car
• You will pick up the car from the Pikes Peak long-term parking lot unless other arrangements are made. The exact row location of the car will be sent to you the day you are to receive the car. Free shuttles provide service from the airport approximately every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day. Shuttles pick up on Level 5, island 3, outside doors 507 and 511 (east side) and outside doors 506 and 510 (west side). Look for the shuttle displaying a Pikes Peak Lot sign.
• Send us a text once you land. After you book your reservation you will have access to my cell phone directly. This is simply to give us a heads up to be ready for you.
• Once you get to the car, you will need to send me two pictures. The first is your drivers license. I don’t need any personal information DOB, address, etc. I just want to see the name of the person who rented the car. The other picture of you in front of the car. Selfie or another person in the party taking the pic works fine. This is done for insurance purposes.
• As soon as you get in the car, take a photo of the odometer and text that to us which will be verification of the pick-up time of the car.
• There is no delivery fee since parking fees will be charged, but not to exceed $24. (Any amount above $30 will be reimbursed, so save the parking receipt.)
• Have a wonderful trip!
Returning the car
• Car must be filled with gas prior to drop off. (Fees will apply if tank is not full.)
• You will return the car to the Pikes Peak long-term parking lot in any row unless other arrangements are made. Text us the row letter(s) in which the car is parked which will be verification of the return time of the car. (Fees will apply if car is returned late.)
• Leave the key and parking lot ticket in the center console.
• Driving Directions for returning car to the Pikes Peak lot:
o On Pena Boulevard, drive to the 75th Avenue exit (this exit will have a sign for car rental returns)
o Stay in the right hand lane and take the 75th Avenue exit
o Proceed straight ahead at the light past Gun Club Road for approximately one mile
o The Pikes Peak Shuttle Lot entrance is on the right
• Insurance and registration information can be found in the center console.
• This is a non-smoking vehicle. (Fees will apply if there has been smoking in the car.)
• Chargers for your devices are provided for you to use in the car. (Contact us if you are interested in purchasing one.)
• You may take the car to be washed and vacuumed for free at any Waterways location. The Waterways card is located in the center console.
Please tell me a little about yourself and how many people are with you as well as what your plans are. Thank you for your consideration.
FOR SKI SEASON -
I specialize in cars for skiers and the winter vacation. In addition to having a fleet of all wheel drive vehicles designed for Colorado roads. All six of my AWD vehicles are equipped with mounting devices. This allows them to have ski racks or giant Thule cargo boxes.
This is a new business line, please be patient :) It is not designed to be a profit center, but merely a valuable service for my renters. I'm not trying to make a profit merely cover my costs of capital, time, and the risks.
The Thule box is the Force XXL. It is the biggest freaking box they make. I'm the size of on outsized linebacker in the NFL. 6'2 and 240 lbs. I can fit in this box.
I found out that Turo insurance does not cover after market add on's. Because of this there is a charge of $80 rental for a cargo box and a $20 charge for the ski rack. Let me know if you will be requiring either of these.
Snow tires or chains
2004 Hyundai Santa FeBest AWD value for the mountains.15517
Everything went very smoothly from start to finish. Shuttle to the parking lot worked well and car had no issues at all. Exactly what you'd expect from a seasoned car from 2004. Worked well traversing the mountains and had enough room for three sets of skiis, boots, and luggage along with the accompanying people. Mike was very responsive and straight to the point. Would definitely rent again from him.
The car is great on gas but lacks a little power in the mountains. When we got the vehicle it was dirty but I was informed by the owner that it was dropped off about 30 minutes prior to our arrival in Denver by another renter. I would assume they didn't follow the instructions on cleaning the vehicle for FREE through a place provided from the owner. Mike is an awesome guy, easy to get a hold of. He made the instructions very clear prior to picking up and dropping off. Perfect little car for our trip. Will be using this app again.
Mike was very responsive and quick to answer any questions that I came up with. The Hyundai Santa Fe was able to handle snowy mountain driving and handled well throughout my trip. The car was clean and as expected.
2nd time renting from mike, (different vehicle) not surprised, everything went great. Vehicle was exactly what I needed, drove well and was in good shape. Mike is super easy to communicate with and like last time it made the rental go very smooth. I will rent from him again and would defiantly recommend. Thanks again!!
Mike was communicative and flexible about picking up/dropping off his vehicle over the course of our stay in Denver. The SUV was true to the description in its profile and handled amazing in the Rockies snow. Would work with Mike again anytime.
Mike was super easy to communicate with and made it very clear what I needed to do for pickup and drop off. The car was great for the snow - we definitely needed that AWD. The only thing I would note is that the headlights felt a little faint, which made me drive just that much more carefully on I-70 the first night we got in. Otherwise, the car comes fully stocked with chargers and a scraper/brush for snow and ice, and was super easy for getting into and out of Denver airport!