This car is the perfect choice for a ski trip or any trip to the mountains. What I like the most about it is how well it handles in the snow. I test drove over 50 different make/models of cars from 2008-2015 to determine several things about what makes a good car. I was limiting my choice to AWD vehicles that seat seven people. The Traverse and MDX did the best in the snow.
The Traverse is also best for room. I'm the size of an outside linebacker in the NFL and I can fit in the third row of seating. If you have a smaller group it can easily fit all of your luggage.
Car is V-6 so it has plenty of power. The car handles great. I like this car so much it is the only one that I bought two of for my fleet.
Picking up the car
• You will pick up the car from the Pikes Peak long-term parking lot unless other arrangements are made. The exact row location of the car will be sent to you the day you are to receive the car. Free shuttles provide service from the airport approximately every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day. Shuttles pick up on Level 5, island 3, outside doors 507 and 511 (east side) and outside doors 506 and 510 (west side). Look for the shuttle displaying a Pikes Peak Lot sign.
• Send us a text once you land. After you book your reservation you will have access to my cell phone directly. This is simply to give us a heads up to be ready for you.
• Once you get to the car, you will need to send me two pictures. The first is your drivers license. I don’t need any personal information DOB, address, etc. I just want to see the name of the person who rented the car. The other picture of you in front of the car. Selfie or another person in the party taking the pic works fine. This is done for insurance purposes.
• As soon as you get in the car, take a photo of the odometer and text that to us which will be verification of the pick-up time of the car.
• There is no delivery fee since parking fees will be charged, but not to exceed $24. (Any amount above $30 will be reimbursed, so save the parking receipt.)
• Have a wonderful trip!
Returning the car
• Car must be filled with gas prior to drop off. (Fees will apply if tank is not full.)
• You will return the car to the Pikes Peak long-term parking lot in any row unless other arrangements are made. Text us the row letter(s) in which the car is parked which will be verification of the return time of the car. (Fees will apply if car is returned late.)
• Leave the key and parking lot ticket in the center console.
• Driving Directions for returning car to the Pikes Peak lot:
o On Pena Boulevard, drive to the 75th Avenue exit (this exit will have a sign for car rental returns)
o Stay in the right hand lane and take the 75th Avenue exit
o Proceed straight ahead at the light past Gun Club Road for approximately one mile
o The Pikes Peak Shuttle Lot entrance is on the right
• Insurance and registration information can be found in the center console.
• This is a non-smoking vehicle. (Fees will apply if there has been smoking in the car.)
• Chargers for your devices are provided for you to use in the car. (Contact us if you are interested in purchasing one.)
• You may take the car to be washed and vacuumed for free at any Waterways location. The Waterways card is located in the center console.
FOR SKI SEASON -
I specialize in cars for skiers and the winter vacation. In addition to having a fleet of all wheel drive vehicles designed for Colorado roads. All six of my AWD vehicles are equipped with mounting devices. This allows them to have ski racks or giant Thule cargo boxes.
This is a new business line, please be patient :) It is not designed to be a profit center, but merely a valuable service for my renters. I'm not trying to make a profit merely cover my costs of capital, time, and the risks.
The Thule box is the Force XXL. It is the biggest freaking box they make. I'm the size of on outsized linebacker in the NFL. 6'2 and 240 lbs. I can fit in this box.
I found out that Turo insurance does not cover after market add on's. Because of this there is a charge of $80 rental for a cargo box and a $20 charge for the ski rack. Let me know if you will be requiring either of these.
Snow tires or chains
Your car will be waiting for you when you land. Over 300+ rentals and haven't missed one of them.
Great car. Listed location isn't where it's actually located, which cost an extra $24 to get it out of the parking lot on top of my almost $40 uber to pick it up. Otherwise good first experience on turo
Mike provided another great experience through Turo and communicated any cosmetic issues with the car. It was a quick and easy pick up/drop off at the airport and we were on our way. I hope to rent from Mike again in the future. Thanks Again!
Mike was extremely easy to communicate with. We rented two of his cars since we were a big group and rented a rack and the ski box. Both the Traverse and the MDX did awesome in the snow and a very steep and icy driveway. We were able to fit 9 people with all their gear very comfortably between the two cars. We would definitely rent again! Thanks very much!
The SUV was great for a ski trip to the mountains. This car didn't have snow specific tires as mentioned but but it did have Goodyear triple treads in great condition which is an excellent all season. The tires in combination with the AWD work excellent in snow. With the ski rack we fit 5 adults and boards. Mike was easy to communicate with and helpful. Inside was a bit dirty but considering we took it on a ski trip it wasn't a problem. Would rent this again.
Traveling with a large family was quite the challenge. Mike with turo made our trip so much more enjoyable. He was responsive and provided great service. We booked two cars through Mike. The coordination of the cars was easy and effortless. When I return to the Denver area, I plan to use Mike's services again.
Mike is a really nice guy and is very responsive. The car drove fine and the tires were good...but...
The car was really dirty. Beyond the trash that was left in the car, it was grimy. Crumbs, pills, tissues, dirt. The leather on the seats were cracking, the floor mats were muddy, the dash was dusty. This is my first time using Turo and it will be my last. Clearly the pictures of the car were not current and the reviews are inflated. I am a heavy user of sharing sites. For me, this one has credibility issues.
Great car with plenty of space. The ice brush and windshield wiper fluid were greatly needed as the car was half frozen when we found it. If it's your first time at Pikes Peak lot, ask the shuttle driver which stop you should get off at for the row the car is in. Didn't end up needing the awd a whole lot but it's always nice to have when the roads are wet.
Mike's communication was top notch. The Traverse had a flat tire when I went to pick up the vehicle, something that was probably out of his control. He quickly set me up with another comparable vehicle and in less than an hour I was on my way. I would recommend him for fast service and a clean vehicle.
Easy pick up, easier drop off. Car handles well and Mike is very responsive. However, I am trying to get used to renting a vehicle that is part of a fleet. Second person I rent from and the interior of the vehicle is dingy. If you don't mind that, Mike is a great guy and should rent from him.
You want to rent a car in Denver? Find a car from Mike. The process couldn't have been easier and smoother. Car was exactly where it was said to be even with our flight arriving 2.5 hours later than planned. All the instructions are straightforward and we knew exactly what we were getting and Mike did not disappoint. Previous renter had not been as careful as one would have liked and Mike was above and beyond apologetic about any issues we might have because of that with the short turnaround time on the vehicle. When we travel to Colorado again, I will absolutely be looking for one of his cars to rent again as it helped make our trip with 3 kids under the age of 5 all that less stressful.
The Traverse was great, as was the entire experience picking up and dropping off the car. Mike was also a great host during the trip. He was readily available and very communicative during the pick up and drop off - answering all my questions and concerns. Overall, great experience with Turo and highly recommend Mike and his vehicles for the easy, enjoyable experience.
Vehicle was conveniently parked at a parking lot near the airport with a free shuttle. Car was easy to find and Mike was very helpful with any questions we had. Car was full of gas and handled well in the snowy mountains. I would rent again from Mike.
This car was truly awesome! Mike was extremely responsive and pick up and return of this car was a breeze at Denver International. The car has plenty of space for luggage, XM radio and even remote start and was perfect for our trip to the mountains. I'd rent again from Mike next time in the Denver area.