* Absolutely NO SMOKING in the car
* No Pets please - Kiddies totally OK :)
* It will have a full tank of Gas - Must return Full - PLEASE fill up locally
* IF RENTING FOR ONE WEEK OR MORE PLEASE NOTE- I REQUIRE a simple $10 Car Wash fee to keep it clean for everyone.
* Drive Carefully and have fun!
Ill drive the vehicle within 10 miles of my location As long As you give me a ride back to my location.
FREE BOOSTER SEATS for the kids! (4 years old and up) - just let me know
Thanks for looking and ENJOY Southern California!
FREE LOCAL PICK YOU UP/DROP OFF: I can also pick you if you are local (MAX 10 miles around 1198 Broadway El Cajon and you rent the vehicle more than a week.) and drop you off when your rental is done. Give me a little advanced notice and let me know, I will try to help out the best I can. Some flexibility will insure we can make it all happen!
2011 Ford EscapeRamin's Ford1544
Car was clean and just as described. It had satellite radio which was an unexpected bonus for me. Thank you!
My previous experiences with Turo have been great: clean, safe cars and excellent owner communication. My recent experience with Ramin did not meet these basic expectations.
My family chose to rent his Ford Escape because it seemed like a good, safe vehicle to transport our kids in; he offered to provide a child booster, which my preschooler requires to safely ride in a car; and he offered airport pick-up and drop-off for a $30 fee.
There were three main issues:
1) This is not specified in his profile, and we did not find out until the afternoon before our trip, but airport pickup requires that his employee drive you back to his drop-off location. This wouldn't be such a big deal, except that the drop-off location is 40 minutes east of San Diego in El Cajon. This came as an unpleasant surprise after we landed in the evening and wanted to get our kids dinner and go to our hotel. Had we known about this arrangement (which is different from other Turo airport pickups I've had), we would have chosen a different rental.
2) Despite my emailing him twice (he did not respond to my first message after 7 days) and his confirmation that he would provide a booster for our child, Ramin did not provide the child seat; we had to pick it up at his employee's drop-off location. So, this meant starting our trip with a 40-minute highway drive without safe accommodations for our youngest child. It got worse when Ramin's employee cut off another driver, who then followed us for about a mile flashing his high-beams and honking his horn in a fit of road rage. This was a bad, unsafe start to our vacation.
3) The lack of safety continued once we took possession of the car, which had non-functioning front turn signals, passenger airbags, and tire pressure sensors.
They were helpful and friendly and picked me up when my son's car broke down. The car was clean. However it took them over an hour to get all the paperwork done so we could leave. Internet tech glitches or something. Meanwhile my kids were starving and getting agitated.
I noticed after I got on the freeway that the front seat was crooked and uneven making my back hurt. I spent the next couple of days propping a pillow on the other half of the seat to even it out.
It had taken so long to arrange the rental and I would have had to find a ride to the airport that it just wasn't worth the hassle to take it back. The tire pressure gage kept coming on and the air conditioning did not work on 1 or 2. It would only do air, ac or heat on 3 or 4 making it difficult to keep the car at a comfortable Temperature. They did take us back to the airport for a $25 charge. That was cheaper than a shuttle at least.
but at times the driver was going over the speed limit and fast which which was not safe. I had three kids in the car with me. I would. I have rather rented a car that worked properly from Payless or
Dollar rental for $17 a day versus $25 a day with them.