The vehicle we rented and the owners of the vehicle were great, but Turo's rental process was HORRIBLE!
Here's my advice:
When entering payment info for a Turo rental with more than one driver, be sure not to use two credit or debit cards that are linked to the same account. This triggers the Turo system to automatically deny rental approval for both drivers for any rental through Turo. It is a very difficult problem to solve, and may prevent you from renting through Turo for days unless you are proactive. Here’s how to solve the problem if it occurs:
When setting up payment info for your account, only submit a credit card for each driver that is not linked to a shared account with any of the other drivers.
Resolution - If Turo has denied your rental approval, you may have set up the payment method for each driver's account with a card that is linked to an account shared with another driver. Here's how to resolve the issue:
Step #1. Use a credit card from a non-shared account. Take a photo of the new card being used, as well as a photo of the driver holding the new card.
Step #2. Update each of the drivers' Turo account pages with credit card numbers for a non-shared account.
Step #3. Send a separate email request to Turo for each driver requesting driving approval:
• Click on “Contact Support” under the “Learn More” tab at the top of the Turo.com home page, then click on “Contact Us” in the lower left corner.
• The subject line should read: "URGENT - Shared Account".
• The body of the email message should include:
- “Account has been updated with payment info for a non-shared account”
- The name of the person who has also entered the same account information
- Your relationship with this person
- The reason for the information sharing
• Attach photos of the driver’s non-linked card, and of the driver holding the non-linked card. Note: The instructions on the Turo FAQ page for uploading credit card photos doesn’t work when photos of new cards need to be entered.
You are told that approval will take 24 to 48 hrs., but in my case the system granted approval immediately once I uploaded the new credit card photos to the Turo website.