This Kia Rio is solid ride and gets great gas mileage (28+) with manual shift. It is very clean inside with a light tan interior.
It's super clean and very reliable, but WITHOUT POWER STEERING or AC. It's ideal for highway trips, but I drove it downtown Seattle during the summer for Uber. If you've never driven without power steering, it takes some extra arm strength, especially if you need to parallel park a lot. Please don't get upset if you don't like it. Most people have enjoyed the car, a few have hated the steering. It is one of the cheaper cars on Turo in Seattle, best suitable for those who just need a basic car.
Helpful car details:
* To switch to AUX from radio, press the volume knob in.
* If the key doesn't turn smoothly in the passenger door lock, flip it over.
* Very occasionally the check engine light will come on, but will usually go off on its own. It's for a knock sensor that has been replaced. As long as the light isn't flashing it means it's not a major issue.
*** PLEASE include your phone number in your request message, just to chat for a moment, but I talk with everyone so I'll have to ask for this anyway, even though you already entered it into Turo.
*** Please make Turo requests between 8am-10pm PST, so I can respond before it expires. If it does we'll make a new one with any updates.
*** Please include some info about yourself and your destination in your request.
*** You can contact me anytime at austinm237 on gmail, but please use the Turo website to see if a car is check availability. You can also click on my profile photo to see my other cars.
* The Turo smartphone app is really handy for photos, messaging and location sharing. Cancellation info can be found here: https://turo.com/policies/cancellation. If you need to adjust times, you can call Turo at 1-866-735-2901 (RELAY01) from 7am-6pm PST, otherwise the Turo support team is usually quick to reply by email.
* Pickup takes about 10 minutes and includes: check ID, do a walk around so we've looked at the exterior, explain car specific details, and answer any questions. I've uploaded photos of dings to save some time during pickup. If something happens, just let me know and we can work something out.
* If you get the car super dirty, let me know so I can have it ready for the next person. I don't plan on collecting mileage fees (unless you add a ton of miles). And no smoking please.
* I live in Ballard which is about a 1/2 hr from the airport driving. The Link Light rail takes about 1.5 hrs total, so if I can ride or drive with you back to Seattle I would appreciate it. The delivery includes both directions. An Uber is approx $30.
* There is a Good2Go pass for discounted tolls on Hwy 520 & 167 (about $3) and a 405 flex-pass for carpool upon request.