GET $25 OFF YOUR FIRST TURO RENTAL! Use my referral link - https://turo.com/c/jeffk26 - when booking!
This car's both luxurious and a pocket-rocket! Audi's "S" cars are similar to BMW's "M" cars -- they're intentionally sporty -- and these days they drive better as well. The car has a 292-hp twin-turbo engine under the hood, and goes 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. It also comes with a performance handling package with 19" rims, magnetic suspension and blacked-out trim.
• Dual-clutch automatic transmission with sport mode and Tiptronic manual-shift function
• Rear camera for use while in reverse, including front and rear proximity sensors
• Audi's legendary Quattro all-wheel-drive system
• Full Bluetooth compatibility with nearly all cell phones - works for both phone calls and music streaming (and voice navigation via your phone's map app)
• Drive Select handling, with toggles between Comfort, Sport and Automatic
• Heated seats (driver & passenger), though rarely necessary in Austin!
• Climate control system with separate settings for driver and front-seat passenger
• HUGE moonroof with mesh-like sunshield
• Keyless door locks (driver door opens if you have the key fob in your pocket or purse) and push-button start
• Windshield toll tag - allows you to go through any toll booth in Texas without stopping (you'll also get reduced toll prices, but I'll request reimbursement from you - at actual cost - after your trip is complete)
• Valentine One radar detector
• 12V USB charger (plugs into auxiliary port) with three USB slots and a USB-C cord for charging newer Android phones
• Separate direct charger in center console with Lightning cable for powering iPhones
If I'm either picking you up personally, or you're picking the car up personally from me -- note that I live barely five minutes outside of downtown Austin -- I'd be happy to show you the car's basic features and how to pair your phone to its Bluetooth system and whatnot. In case I'm unavailable, here are some of the basics. To open the fuel door, simply press down on it to pop it ajar (with the car unlocked). Your gas mileage may vary, but I usually get around 22mpg in the city and nearly 30mpg on the highway driving roughly 70-75mph. If you need to consult it, the owner's manual is in the right door pocket.
[PLEASE NOTE: I generally can't accommodate airport pickups, but if you need it I can set you up with a credit for a free ride to my place with one of Austin's new rideshare companies. As you may already know, we no longer have Uber or Lyft here, but the startups really aren't bad!]
A few basic rules:
1. NO SMOKING. (Either tobacco or, ahem, other stuff.) Yes, even with the windows or moonroof open.
2. NO PETS. Aside from the potential for ... accidental discharges, I am allergic to most cats and dogs. (Like, break-out-in-hives allergic. Seriously.)
3. NO TRACK RACING. I know it's tempting, particularly since Austin has America's only F1 track, but Turo strictly forbids any kind of racing (including overly hardcore driving out in the Hill Country), and renters are held liable for any necessary repairs/replacements for tires and brakes in particular, but also anything else clearly the result of racing.
4. PREMIUM FUEL ONLY (93 Octane). Someone already found out the hard way how my gal's engine reacts when fueled improperly. It ain't pretty, folks. And while gas in this neck of the woods is comparatively inexpensive, I would very much appreciate it if you return it with the same amount of gas it had when you picked it up.
5. NO EATING INSIDE THE VEHICLE. I mention this mainly because the Austin area has such an awesome cornucopia of to-go dining options, ranging from hundreds of different food trucks to the town of Lockhart, which is about as close as it gets to being Mecca for barbecue enthusiasts.