First Time Turo People!
Use This Link to Get $25 OFF Your First Trip!
(use internet browser, not the phone app)
--> https://turo.com/c/antonl <--
Miles range up to 70 miles. It depends on your driving style and conditions.
Fast. Fun to drive.
There are a lot of charging stations in Portland / Vancouver area.
HOV Lane stickers. No more traffic!
I love Electric Cars and I want to share this experience with you.
Comes 70-100% charged
Please return it at least 50% charged
Please remember that this is a car share and not a car rental. The car must be returned in the same condition as you received it. Mud, dirt, sand, food particles, beverage spills, or similar will result in a cleaning fee.
Heated Steering Wheel
Sirius XM radio
Charging Cable in the trunk
USB charging port
Solar Panel (it charges 12V battery)
For PDX airport delivery:
I'll meet you near Mt Hood Ave train station (Target parking lot)
You can take MAX train from Portland airport to Mt Hood Ave station, 1 station
Smoking is not allowed
Pets are not allowed
How do I charge your electric car?
---> Level 1 (120V/15A) - charger included, any outlet (0-100% battery, ~24hours)
-----> Level 2 (240V/30A) - city charging stations, may of which are completely free and are in the best parking spots! (0-100% battery, ~4hours)
--------> Download PlugShare app on your phone. or visit www.PlugShare.com
2013 Nissan LeafAwesome Nissan Leaf 201315433
Riding with Antons car was easy and convenient to pick up and return. He was very helpful and flexible when making arrangements to make the reservation of the car. Thanks Anton!
This was my first trip and I'm glad I went with antons listing. He made everything simple and was very flexible on the car pickup when my flight was delayed. Would definitely recommend for a Portland trip.
Anton made it easy to pick up and drop off the car. Car was great for driving around the city. Would not recommend for long highway travel due to range (about 75 miles), but it's perfect for in the city. Was great fun experiencing an electric vehicle for the first time.
I really enjoyed Anton's car! Super clean, on time, easy to find. Anton was so friendly and quick to respond. I would recommend charging the car over night if possible as it takes a while to charge. I would also recommend looking up places beforehand to charge the vehicle. Overall, great experience!
Convenient pickup area for a midnight flight arrival. We missed the last train so had to take cab to Ikea. Other than that our rental experience was top notch! We forgot to document/photo the car when we arrived because we were so tired from our delayed flight and Anton sent us a message checking to see if pickup went well. Great communication! Hard to find charging port at University of Portland, reason why we visited Portland for the day. Dropped car off at Target next to train stop...super easy and fast train ride back to airport. Thank you Anton! You helped make our first and quick trip to Portland super easy! 😃
- Anton was very friendly, responsive, and flexible.
- Pick-up location was relatively convenient from the airport to Ikea nearby.
- Car was new, clean, and quiet.
- Zero emissions vehicle, which is great for the environment.
- Perfect city car.
- Car features were a bit too basic for me - I'm used to keyless entry, Bluetooth, USB ports, etc.
- A 100% electric car is not ideal for driving outside of the city, at least without significant route planning and ability to double the typical drive time for a gas-powered vehicle.
- Car needs to be recharged about every 50-60 miles, traveling at highway speed (55-65 MPH). For example, from Portland to Eugene required three stops to charge. At 20-30 minutes per "quick" charge, my drive time went from the typical 2 hours to nearly 5 hours.
- I had to download the PlugShare app and set up a new account to use a charging station
- I had to carefully plan my routes to get from one charging station to another without running out of power; I learned a new term called "distance anxiety." It's real, and not fun, on vacation.
- Operational, compatible "quick" charging stations are very limited outside of Portland
- Using a charging station was not intuitive; it always took a couple of tries to get it working
- Unless you sign up for a monthly account, you pay $7.50 per charge no matter how much juice you need. It's a bit like paying for a full tank of gas even if you only need 1/2 a tank. Kind of felt ripped off, especially since it would take about 20 minutes to get from 20% - 80% charged, but another 30 minutes to get from 80% - 100% charged.
- One charging station showed as available and operational on the PlugShare app, but was not working once I arrived. It took 30 minutes on the phone with support to get the car charging. Were it not my only option in a 25-mile radius (with only 20 miles of charge left), I'd have just tried another station.
Overall, unless I plan to stay in and around Portland, I wouldn't get an electric car again. It was stressful and the car tended to burn through miles more quickly than actual miles I traveled. At 100%, I was supposed to get 120 miles. In reality, I got about 60 miles, even on level terrain and going the recommended 60 MPH for maximum mileage efficiency. The lack of mileage predictability or charging infrastructure was a huge challenge in a largely rural state. I love the idea, but the stress and distance limitations made it not worth it.
The car I had originally had booked was acting up so he had another car for me instead. It was a bit smaller, but it worked just fine.
When I first got off the plane I was very anxious because our original car and planned pick up method had changed, but getting to the location of the car was very easy and once we figured it out it was great. I had trouble hooking the car up to a charging station so I had to call Anton and he coached me through it. I felt like a burden, but we got it figured out.
Drop off was very slick and convenient. Overall this was a positive experience and I would recommend Anton and his cars again.
Driving this electric car was the most inconvenient thing I've ever rented. The ad says it goes up to 70 miles, this is false. Car needed to be charged around 4 times daily. Car was giving to me with 25 miles (remember if you pick it up from the airport the owner comes to you in it and you have to drop him off at home is Washington) so as soon as I got the car I had to go to a charger station and wait 30 minutes to fill it up... Anton was great. But this car isn't very ideal for someone coming to explore/vacation unless you don't plan on leaving your hotel.
Easy pickup and drop off at the airport. Only had to recharge the car once while driving all over Portland. Perfect budget car for visiting the city. Excellent communication with Anton throughout the rental.
Nissan Leaf is an electric car (doesn't use ANY gas!) which can be inconvenient since you need to be aware of battery and nearby charging stations. Most charging stations cost money and time. Anton is super friendly and helpful though.