- One of the cheaper "sporty" cars around PDX
- Car was clean and had a full tank
- Eric did not respond to messages before the trip. Once arrived at location took 25 minutes to gain access to the vehicle. He left us standing out in the sun. Text messages came at 5-10 minute intervals while waiting. He demanded a copy of my license even though Turo has already verified identity and have past positive trips. Other trips I have instructions on how to access the vehicle before even arriving.
- Steering shakes around 60mph
- Brakes shake with moderate braking
- Car was pretty clean but something has been spilled down the seats.
- Rear passenger door does not lock. Thankfully the alarm does sound when yanked open. Would have been nice to know before hand. Was carrying @ $5k in photo gear.
- Speedo is @ 7% fast. GPS verified. When it shows 60mph you are doing 56. Which means odometer is fast. Which means you get billed for overages you don't actually drive. Had 800 allotted. Drove 750. Paid for 811.
- Check engine light is on
- Warning light about fog lamp on
Mechanically it did get me where I was going. I would not rent again.
I FOUND A DIRTY GARTER lying on the floor. There were food and dry liquid residue all over the seats, center console and floor. The maintenance light was on and said service required NOW. The outside was filthy, bird poop and caked on dirt for days.
When we get there, it takes us ten minutes just get ahold of the guy. He wasn't at the house, which was not communicated. Only his family who didn't know about our arrangement. He was not answering the phone. Finally got the key and had to spent time convincing my wife we should still use it because we already paid and are in the middle of this random street with all our luggage. The whole trip she felt uncomfortable about the condition of the car, 1. because of how dirty it was 2, because we were unsure if it would break down or not.
Positive is that the car ran great and was fun to drive.
Please clean the car and get proper maintenance if it is rented out.