- 2006 Subaru Forester LX (we call her Nanny Forester; Nanny or Nan for short)
- All Wheel Drive (BRAND NEW TIRES!!!!...THANKS Turo!!!!)
- Automatic transmission
- Seats 5 fairly comfortably w/ample trunk space
- AM/FM radio and CD player
- Power windows/locks
- In good condition; free of smelly, dirty, and sticky things (e.g. children)
- Pretty good gas mileage for it's class (22mpg combined average)
- New compressor = cool in the summer.
- Seat warmers = warm tukhus in the winter.
- Spacious interior (see photos) and roof rack (great for quick trips to IKEA or longer trips camping and the like).
- Mini-USB charger
- Garmin GPS (see photo)
- Smart phone mount (see photo)
- Bluetooth compatible AM/FM antenna (connects phone/MP3 player to car speakers; see photo).
- Paper maps (for the traditionalist)
The car is usually parked in our apartment's parking garage near Georgia Ave. and Fenwick Ln. in Silver Spring, MD (see Map). This location is only a few blocks from the Silver Spring metro and the slew of adjacent bus stops. Super convenient for those of you dependent on public transit.
Airport service is available for those renting 5 days or longer.
2006 Subaru ForesterBrooks and Erin's Subaru15519
Was a great trip was able to be picked up at the airport and dropped off some what short notice and very nice. Clean car helped me decide to buy a forester my self.
I love renting from Brooks! He makes it very easy. And the car is terrific. Very easy and smooth driving, and a TON of space. I had to pick up 3 adults, a toddler and about 5 huge suitcases at Dulles, and we all fit with no trouble. You can't beat $200 for a week with this car.
Brooks was wonderful! He was super accomodating with pick up and drop off time and definitely communicative. Car runs exactly as described and Brooks takes the time to tell you everything you need to know about the car. My trip went smoothly I'll definitely rent from them again.
Incredible service from Brooks and Erin! Car is in great shape and drives well. They have included in the car maps, cleaners, snow and ice-ready scrapers, a mount for your phone, a USB charger/radio hookup, GPS, and even a pretty rockin' CD collection. All of this, combined with polite, quick responses and a willingness to help a new user like me navigate all the details of Turo earns them a 5 star review. Will definitely be contacting them again if I need a car.
Brooks was fantastic to schedule with. I made a last minute rental and Brooks was creative and flexible making sure to find an easy way for us to meet. The car was perfect for what I needed: a car to run local errands (with room enough to make big trips to grocery store etc) plus to make a short trip to Baltimore on very rainy night with no issues at all. I highly recommend.
Renting this car was very easy. Brooks responds quickly (even when I wanted to rent the car an hour later!) and he is incredibly organized. I felt very comfortable about what to do in the event of an accident (which would of course never happen). (Still, the peace of mind about what to do and who to call and where to find the right documents was really nice.)
Also, the car (Nan) is clean and is a very nice ride. Very roomy. I will continue renting this car.
This car is very nice, all the bells and whistles, and very comfortable to drive. I was able to toss my bike in the back easily. Brooks was extremely accommodating, and the location was very convenient. Highly recommended-- I have already reserved it again!