Disclaimer: This vehicle only has lap belts
Take a trip back to memory lane by experiencing “Gioia” (Italian for happiness). She is seductive and charming, but make no mistake about her, as a middle-aged Italian lady born in 1973, Gioia is temperamental and prefers to take her time. With a voluptuous 52 HP engine in her rear end, she will make her sweet voice heard not so subtlety from the back. However, while she can comfortably cruise for hours on end at speeds of up to 70 to 75 MPH in the highway, reaching climax from 0 to 60 will be more a testament to your patience and virtue.
Gioia can get so low to the ground that the sense of speed ecstasy will be augmented exponentially, while invidious passer-byers will shamelessly stare at both of you. Be prepared to receive thumbs-up, winks, compliments and the occasional anecdote of years gone by with a similar Italian lady told from complete strangers. In such cases, just smile, look back at them with empathy, and understand full well what you have under your wing.
Gioia is part of the sharing economy. It would be unscrupulous of me to spare her idle when it is so much fun to ride her. I am a firm believer that others should experience the same happiness she fosters in me whenever I am at her mercy.
Please enjoy her with love and care!
• One of only 200 estimated Fiat 850s on the road around the world today.
• As a classic, she does have her small quirks, and so I prefer to give you a few pointers in person to ensure your time with her will be enjoyable.
• The trunk is in front and it opens from the glove compartment.
• Radio is original, works like a charm, and it includes only AM stations with push buttons and a mono speaker -- perfect sound system.
• She comes with a foldable soft top. Hard top optional and available. Please specify if hard top required.
• Seats two.
• Fuel efficiency: about 39 mpg (nice!)
• Fuel capacity: 7.9 gal (tiny!)
• Fuel type: Premium gasoline.
• First-time renters get a $25 credit by using my link:
• Pick up the car with Lyft and get a $50 credit with code RODRIGO087963
• If arriving by Uber, and are a first time user, get a $15 discount with promo rodrigov499ue
Stuff I've got to tell you:
• Do not contact me unless you know how to drive manual transmission cars.
• I can accommodate most renters' time as I work from home, but please be reasonable.
• If renting for three days or longer, I can deliver her for free, as long as you do not mind taking me back home or at least dropping me off at the closest metro station.
• I can also pick you up from Grosvenor metro station and there is plenty of street and safe parking at home for you to leave your own car while renting.
• Gioia will be presented to you all dressed up, smelly clean and ready to go out. No need to bring her back before midnight, but please do return her in the same condition you found her.
• Sorry, no pets or smoking allowed (ashtray was saved for gratuities only :-).
/* Featured in Turo's 12 Cars for Christmas:
/* Red Fiat 850 Spider featured in Zoolander 2 movie: