***Please note: This is a new car, and so has few trips taken. My prior car had a 5-star rating with 44 trips taken. I am an experienced owner with excellent reviews! See my Owner page: https://turo.com/drivers/339815
The Prius C is a great choice for any trip, long or short. It's a sporty, fun, easy drive - plus it gets an average of 50 mpg! With fully adjustable seats and steering, full audio/USB connection, BlueTooth, cruise control, and 40/60 split back seats, this car offers a ton of great features.
If you have any questions, please check the guidelines and FAQs. If you can't find your answer the, please feel free to reach out; we're happy to answer them and walk you through the rental process.
This car has a local parking sticker and can be parked anywhere on the 2500 block of North Harding.
- Renters are free to use the car's I-Pass as a part of the rental; however, the renter is responsible for all toll fees accrued during the trip.
- Renters are also free to use the car's charger. Please keep the charger cord in the car for others to use.
- A car seat is available for children up to 40 pounds.
- Pets are welcome; however, please use the provided seat cover and keep your pet buckled in the back seat to avoid excessive cleaning.
- Please remove all refuse at the end of the trip.
- This car is smoke-free. Please know that a $200 cleaning charge will be levied for smoking in the car.
- Rental drop off and pick-up are restricted to between 7am and 10:30pm. If you have a special request, please let us know and we will try to work with you.
I'm picking up the car from the airport. How will we meet?
When you arrive at either O'Hare or Midway and pick up any luggage, head out to the *third row* of embankments in the passenger pick-up area (beyond taxis) and text me the vestibule number you're standing by. You can find those numbers on signs above you.
If you're delayed for any reason, give me a call at 312-533-9093. If you text me, know that I probably will not respond because I do not text while driving.
I will take a picture of the gas and mileage, as well as the outside of the car while you put your luggage in the car. I'll upload these to Turo.
**Please be aware that traffic in Chicago has been ranked as the worst in the nation.** (Literally!) I try very hard to leave with plenty of time, but occasionally get delayed because of accidents, etc. You should keep that in mind too as you're returning the vehicle.
What info do I need to provide you for an airport pickup?
- Your airline and flight number (so I can make sure you're not delayed)
- Whether you are checking bags (which affects the pick-up time)
- Send me a picture of your driver's license or have it ready to show me as soon as we meet
My flight is a little earlier/later than your pickup/drop-off times. Can I still rent your car?
Possibly! If you're flying into O'Hare, the Rosemont station on the Blue Line (one of Chicago's subway lines) that has a park-and-ride lot. If the timing works, I may be able to drop the car off or pick it up from there. Message me with details.
Everything went smooth and couldn't have been better. It was our first time using Turo and it was so much better than using a car rental company. Melanie was right on time. Her car was clean and ran great. And she genuinely cared about our trip. We will definitely be using her car next time we're in Chicago if it's available.
This was my first experience using Turo. It went very smoothly. Melanie was great. She answered all of my questions. She was very prompt for the airport delivery & pickup. I was able to use her toll pass which made highway travel much easier. Thank you Melanie!
Melanie was absolutely perfect! Easy and quick communication. Very clean and tidy car. Right on time for pick-up and drop-off. Flexible too when I changed my travel plans by a few hours. Super convenient too. I wish I could get get this type of service from a regular rental car company!
I've rented from Melanie several times in a previous car and the trips were always great. This was our first trip in the new Prius and I was not disappointed. Very clean, amazing gas mileage and, as usual, the pickup and drop off were a breeze. I will definitely be renting this car from Melanie again.