Nov '15 update: I have lowered airports to $30 and in the city delivery to $10 -- this covers the gas and the parking in the terminal or the uber home. It's a small way of saying thanks to all my past drivers and future partners in this Turo journey! I am also adding instant booking on select dates, I've gotten rave reviews on the lockbox access!
Folks please also be careful with tickets... 3 speeding tickets via cameras so far!
Through Turo, I have become a firm believer in the mission and vision of the sharing economy. The stories shared by renters who are driving to the big interview or attending their grandmother’s 95th birthday have made it well worth the time/energy and, in some ways, makes me feel like I am a part of your lives. No worries, you can still rent my car even if your story doesn’t come with warm and fuzzies ☺
As I have stewarded many first time riders through the rental process, I encourage you to ask questions -- the more the better. I also ask that you share feedback, ideas or things I can do better -- my offering is simply a reflection of the perspectives of those before you. To all the future riders, my hope is you become a part of our journey and the Turo community -- I look forward to working with you!
- Purchased in April '14. Leather seats + seat warmers + Sunroof
- iPass! Bluetooth! iPhone AND Android charger! Bike Rack! Snow Shovel! (this did come in handy for a renter ☺).
- 28 city/38 highway MPG pared with low gas prices = win for you!!
- For out of state travels, know that I am open to +miles for your trip -- just ask
- I do my best to keep the car clean. which means car washes 2-4x a month, spot vacuums with my fancy Dyson and a good sanitize before every rental. I also religiously follow the maintenance schedule.
- My renters and I have established a great track record on pick-up/drop-offs especially airports -- ease and flexibility are the words I hear most often! (note that I can arrange pick up/drop offs elsewhere too). I am a bit different than most owners -- I am not a stickler for picking up or dropping off on time. Chicago traffic is so unpredictable so giving you a bit more runway for drop/pick up keeps you safe, offers peace of mind and of course, gives you enough time to get through security! I have a lock box on the car so you can access the car securely without wasting time if you need to duck in or duck out sooner or later. .
- Seats 5 comfortably and back seats can fold down... I can attest you can go to Ikea and fit most things or another bike (Elantra fact: more space than competitor vehicles in same class)
- Nimble with the turns and smooth highway driving… both done in style. People seem to enjoy the dark blue exterior with the tan interior
- It’s Hyundai like Sunday!!!!
Altan is the man! Made the car rental process a very easy , simple and smooth. He was very accommodating and helpful with providing any instructions. We went through a quick phone call the day before the rental just to go over any questions I might have and explained some information about the vehicle. Will definitely be looking for any of Altan's vehicles when I am back in town!
Altan is a total gem! He was easy to work with, totally flexible and went above and beyond to make sure we had a great experience! I would recommend his car to anyone and will certainly rent again when we visit Chicago!
We enjoyed renting fro Altan. He was very accommodating on pick up and drop off arrangements at Midway airport and his car was clean and comfortable. Will definitely rent from him again if we at back in the area. Thanks so much!
I am giving 5 stars for service and understanding. We had to be diverted from Ohare, so I contacted Turo and him so were set on compensation and no hard feelings.
Hopefully next time if we need a ride, he will be my first call.
Altan was such an amazing person to work with. I needed a car for my wedding week and every time I tried to book one, the person kept canceling indicating they needed the car. Altran came through though. He was very accommodating because I had so much luggage including my gown so he parked the car for me in the garage of the airport (very close to the entrance). He also had many items in his trunk just in case something happened, including an umbrella! The car was very clean, great sound system, and overall drove very smoothly. I would definitely rent from him again! Thanks again Altran!
Altan is fantastic! I have been a repeat customer and always look to see if his car is available before others. He is always very easy and accommodating to work with. He keeps his car clean and it runs very smoothly. It is my FAVORITE car to take on weekend getaways.
I needed a car for a couple days while my family was out of town. I contacted Altan and he was able to rent me the car in a couple hours. I was so impress with his professionalism. This was my first time renting from here so I didn't know the ropes. But he explain everything to me and I am glad I got the pleasure to meet him. Altan is a really great guy
Atlan was very professional. The car was ready and waiting at the airport with a full tank and money for parking. It drove very smoothly and the in-built bluetooth made music and navigation very convenient. A bonus was that Atlan also had a pass for the tolls, which allowed us to drive through without having to stop and pay. Everything from pick-up to drop-off was handled very well. This was my first experience with Turo. Overall, it was a very positive experience.
My trip with Altan was easy and I would rent from him again. He was very helpful in answering all of my questions as a first time Turo user and even picked me up at the airport at 4:45am when my flight arrived.
Altan is a great person to rent from. I had a problem with a gas pump, which caused some minor damage, and he has been quite understanding and patient while we get this worked out. He gave me some great suggestions of things to do and restaurants to try while I was in Chicago. The car is great, well taken care of. I would definitely highly recommend Altan and his Elantra!!!
I would rate Altan 10 stars if I could. He delivered and picked up the car for me and was the most attentive renter ever! He even left me a shovel in case I got stuck in the snow, which I did within 15 seconds of driving away (because I'm a total snow rookie). Next time I need a car, you better believe I'm renting from Altan.
Altan is the best. I rented his car starting at 5:30am on a Saturday morning. He had the car heated up, like seats heated too, by the time I got there. Unbelievably thoughtful and accommodating. He was so helpful in talking me through the different functions of the car. So awesome to have USB and Bluetooth input. The car itself is clean and has no strange odors. Leather seats too! Will definitely rent from Altan again!