Not exactly sure how this Car Sharing thing works?
Rest assured, I'm the guy to rent from.
With over 250 (and counting) PERFECT 5 Star reviews, I will guide you through EVERY STEP of the process and I will personally GUARANTEE that your time in my vehicle will be an AMAZING experience. Go ahead, read all the reviews!
2014 Chevrolet Spark
Located right between I-290 and I-55 in Chicago, this vehicle is easily accessible from O'Hare, ten minutes from Midway, & a quick trip from Downtown Chicago. Blocks away from the Pulaski Ave Pink Line Stop!
- Free Delivery on Trips 2 Weeks or Longer*
*Note: Due to my busy schedule, 24/7 availability window, and the unpredictability of Travel, ALL FREE DELIVERIES will be conducted by me calling you an Uber Ride which will transport you to the vehicle which will be parked in my lot. Returns will work the same way. You will park the car in the lot and I will call an Uber to return you to the Airport.
- Great MPG (40+),
- Spacious interior (I'm 6'6" and ride comfortably)
- Easy to Park
- AUX sound system
- Power Windows
- Heat & A/C
- Car will be parked in a secure, gated lot behind the rental address Clean & Full.
- Within minutes of booking, I will send you information on how to pick up the vehicle.
- As a customer service gesture, you will be able to pick up the vehicle as EARLY as you'd like after the previous trip concludes - AT NO ADDITIONAL COST (Usually 3-12 hours of free rental time!)
- You can pick up the vehicle whenever is most convenient for you. You will have 24/7 access to the Pickup Lot.
- Car is to be parked in the same gated lot behind rental address, returned in same condition (Full Tank & as Clean as it was on pickup)
- Message 'Turo Messenger' & upload 'Trip Photos' confirming a successful return.
Fines & Fees:
- All Tickets accrued during your reservation will be charged to you upon receipt.
- There is NO I-Pass / E-Z Pass or any other Automatic Toll Device in the vehicle. Please make cash payments at all Tolls. In the event a toll is missed, you can pay online using the Vehicle Registration Information found in the Glove Box. Failure to pay tolls will result in a $20-$50 fine per toll, and Turo will automatically bill your account upon receipt.
- Vehicles returned late will be charged a non pro-rated hourly fee.
- Vehicles returned over the allocated miles will be charged an additional fee.
Cars will be parked BEHIND the building at 3522 W. Flournoy St. Chicago, IL 60624
Upon Arrival, walk through an open gate on the LEFT SIDE of the building to the Rear.
Lockbox containing the KEY will be next to vehicle and further details will be provided through Trip Messenger.
Returning the Car:
Park in same Lot behind 3522 W. Flournoy St & Lock Keys in the Car. I have a Spare Set to retrieve everything.
DO NOT PARK ON FLOURNOY STREET - THIS IS PERMIT PARKING ONLY!
All Deliveries (Airport & Home) will be conducted by you, the Renter, calling yourself an Uber or Lyft Ride to the location of the car, which will be approx:
2543 S. Springfield Ave. Chicago IL, 60623
Returns will be conducted in a similar manner, only in reverse. Renters will return the car to the Pick-Up Address (2543 S. Springfield Ave.) and call themselves an Uber or Lyft Line back to their original delivery destination.
Renters will be INSTANTLY reimbursed after the vehicle has been successfully returned and a Review has been left.
Renters will be reimbursed the amount of an Uber Pool Fare which is $20. Renters are more than welcome to upgrade to a more Premium Ride (UberX, UberXL, UberSelect, etc), however, you will only be reimbursed for the first $20.
In order to be Reimbursed, renters MUST do the following:
1) Upload a Photo of EACH ride into the "Trip Photos" section of the Turo App. After your Uber / Lyft ride to the car location, you will be emailed a receipt of the ride. Please screenshot that page and upload into Trip Photos.
*Note: If the Image is not Large enough, access the Uber page through the website or save the image using a Photo Editing Application.
2014 Chevrolet Spark2014 Chevrolet Spark154.524
This was a poor trip, I didn't ride anywhere and I'm being charged
Booking the trip was very simple and communication was great! The car was also very clean, fun and economical. After having such an amazing experience all around I know exactly where I'll be renting a car again for my next trip in Chicago!
Had the worst experience ever rented the car from the 7 to the 17 and only 2 days car broke down and got it towed to a mechanic but did not get a second car to accommodate my time and didn't hear any positive from the owner and did not hear anything from the person would not recommend to anybody worst experience ever
The car was great, and gets amazing gas Mileage! Mike was a fantastic host, and picked me up right on time from the airport. Super accommodating for drop off of the vehicle as well. I would definitely rent from Mike again!
I had a great experience with mike, he waited for me on the pick up location, explained how turo works since i was using it for the first time, car was in good condition with no problems of any kind. Highly recommend
This was my first time using Turo, so this review will be part a review of Turo and part of Mike and his car.
First, the car:
1)my main problem during the trip was a flat tire. There was no spare tire, so I had to get towed. This can happen anytime, but the tires on the car are pretty worn and should be replaced. A word to the wise to check the tires at the beginning of the rental.
2)the process of renting, picking up, returning, etc. went fine. I was given the location of the car and a code for a lockbox, got the keys and got on the road.
3)it's a small car. Good for city errands and the like. If planning a long trip on the interstate, you might want to get something with a bigger engine.
4)I wanted a manual transmission car and this car fits the bill if that's what you desire
About Turo in general:
I went with Turo specifically because I wanted a manual transmission vehicle. The standard car rental agencies don't have that option. Other than this and certain specialty vehicles, I didn't see a huge price advantage for Turo, especially since the renter is warned not to use credit card car rental insurance.
Another downside of Turo is that one will see available cars that are older than those of traditional car rental agencies. On the upside, if you despise the waiting and paperwork that go with traditional car rental, you may prefer the process of renting via Turo.
I had a great and easy experience renting from Mike. He was very understanding and worked with me when things thru out the day was altered. It was stress less and I will definitely use his service again. Thanks again
Car was in great condition. Mike was very accomodating to the requests. The overall pickup and drop-off of the vehicle was well organised. The overall experience was good and I appreciate it, thanks Mike !