** Note: The list price includes insurance! Min. rental age 20. Read more T&C’s in guidelines. **
The Hyundai i10 is a great car rental option for travelers looking to explore the country on a limited budget. This option is fuel efficient, offers four seats, and offers a boot with enough space for a large suitcase. Enjoy the comfort of driving throughout Iceland without having to worry about high fuel costs, by renting the reliable Hyundai i10.
5-speed manual. 5 doors. 4 passengers. 2 suitcases. Not suitable for F-roads.
We offer pickup from the arrivals hall at Keflavik airport to our offices and after the rental has ended we offer drop off from our offices to the departure hall at Keflavik airport.
- Age requirements Renter must be a holder of a valid drivers license that must be presented upon start of rental of the vehicle. Renter must be at least 20 years old for economy, compact and mid sized vehicles, and 23 years old for mid size 4x4 and large 4x4.
- Credit card policy Renter must present a valid credit card upon start of rental. Lava Auto will put a security deposit on the credit card, the security deposit is taken to cover all extra expenses like fines, extra insurance, damages or any extra cost during the usage of the rented car. The security deposit will be returned to the renter when the car is returned, as long as the car will be returned in the same state as it was when the rental started.
- Fuel Policy All cars will be rented out with a full tank of gas. Renters must return the car with a full tank of gas. If in any cases renter does not return the car with a full tank, the renter will be charged for the missing fuel and an additional service fee of 2000isk (~$20) for refueling.
- Collision damage waiver (CDW) Collision damage waiver is included in all prices. Damage Excess for CDW is 350.000isk (~$3250)
- Super collision damage waiver (SCDW) Super collision damage waiver can be purchased for 2200isk (~21) per day. Damage excess for SCDW is 70.000isk (~$650)
-Damages not covered by SCDW or CDW: Negligence Driving while intoxicated Damage to tires, headlights, wind-screen and undercarriage Damages caused by nature wind Damages caused by nature (sand and ash storms) Damages caused by driving in to water
- Wind screen protection (WP) Wind screen protection covers the vehicle against damages to windscreen caused by a passing vehicle. Damage excess for broken wind screen is 15.000isk (~$139)
- Theft protection (TP) Theft protection covers the vehicle for theft, and is included in all rentals.
- Sand and ash protection (SAAP) Sand and ash protection covers the vehicle against damages caused by volcanic ash and sand storms. Damage excess for SAAP is 90.000isk (~$836) if purchased with SCDW but 350.000 (~$3250) if only purchased with CDW.
- Tire protection (TIP) Tire protection covers the vehicle for flat tires.
- Service fees and penalties Handling fee for fines and other charges caused by renter is 50 EUR Penalty fee for smoking in our vehicles is 20.000ISK (~$185) If a car is damaged and needs to be towed we will charge 300ISK (~$2.79) per km driven with in 250km radius from our offices. Minimum charge is 40.000ISK (~$371)
- Tachograph All vehicles are equipped with a tachograph for normal provision of usage of the vehicle during the rental. If a car is damaged the tachograph will be used to download data from the accident or any other occurrence during the rental.