This Mustang is a blast!! By far the best way to see the beautiful Big island is with the top down riding in an iconic American Mustang. Wether your crossing the island, taking the scenic route by the water, or just exploring Hawaii, you will enjoy an incredible time on the island in this car!
Avoid the long Kona airport rental car lines and have this awesome Mustang delivered right to the curb when you get off the plane! This is one of the biggest benefits of renting with Turo as the average lineup at the rental car companies if you rent from them can easily be over an hour after you get off your flight! You'll beat everyone else to your sweet hotel or to the beach with Turo!
If this is your first time renting on Turo, get $25 off the rental of my Ford Mustang by using the referral link below. Sign up to get the discount!
Often rental car companies in Kona will overbook and run out of these sweet convertibles, leaving you without a car and stuck in more long lines searching the other companies for a car. Rent it today and this Mustang is guaranteed to pick you up at the Kona airport and cheaper than any rental car company on the Big Island!
This Mustang is also loaded with lots of awesome features:
- AM/FM Stereo
- Auxiliary Audio Input
- Back-Up Camera
- Bluetooth Connection
- CD Player
- MP3 Player
- Steering Wheel Audio Controls
- Trip Computer
Renters must agree to return vehicle with the same amount of gas in the tank as it was when deliver. Vehicle must also be cleaned upon return or There will be a cleaning fee.
AUX cable connection
Sterring wheel audio/media controls
Car charger power outlet
Generally public parking in downtown Kailua-Kona is free but you do need to know where to look. There are some paid lots but you should never need to park there. All he parking lots mentioned below are the best to park in to easily walk into town.
1. One free lot is adjacent to the Kona Public Library and is the same lot where there is a outdoor farmers market. Right next to it is a smaller paid lot so do not go there!
2. The next best is the parking lot across from the Shell station at this address:
75-5700 Kuakini Hwy Kailua Kona, HI 96740 United States
You can park there overnight but you can park there all day for free.
3. The next best is in Coconut Grove where Outback Steakhouse. Parking is free there all day long.
I prefer to pick up renters in the Mustang and then get dropped off in town in Kailua-Kona. I live right in town in Kailua-Kona and most renters are usually able to allow me to pick them up and then drop me off at this address:
75-5851 Kuakini Hwy Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
I also prefer to meet up with renters at the same address and then drop them off at the airport at the end of the rental.
1. The car must be returned clean just as it was picked up. There is a great car wash place called Lex Brodie's Express Car Wash. They do a fast car wash with a vacuum service in Kailua-Kona that you can get a cheap and good cleaning done at before you drop the car off if needed.
Download the Thanx app and get $5 off the car wash at Lex Brodie's express car wash when you use my referral code: https://signup.thanx.com/lexbrodies/Josh-69653141
Address is below:
Lex Brodies Kona Express Car Wash 75-5570 Kuakini Hwy. Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
MON-SAT 7AM – 6:30PM
SUN 8AM- 6:30PM
2. Please make sure the gas level is returned to aleast the same level that it was given to you at.
3. No smoking is allowed in the car whatsoever. Please do not at all smoke cigarettes or light anything while in the vehicle.
4. Anyone who wants to drive the car must be listed on the Turo rental. Only drivers listed and approved by Turo are insured and covered to drive the vehicle.
5. Because of some of the rough terrain on the island there are some places it cannot go. This is standard with all rentals on the island that are not four wheel drive. The Mustang cannot go off-road to any beach that is not accessible by paved roads. Please do not take the Mustang up Mauna Kea to the visitors center and absolutely not up to the summit. The roads up Mauna Kea are very dangerous if you do not have four wheel drive which the Mustang does not. Also please do not try to go down Waipio Valley which also is dangerous and absolutely requires four wheel drive to get back up the valley.
6. The convertible top must be locked and closed up over the car when there are no renters in it. It can not be left outside in a parking lot anywhere on the island with the top down.
2015 Ford MustangJosh's Mustang15512
Josh is a great guy and communication was super easy. Car was impeccable, almost new. Loved the experience and the car, highly recommended