This Chevrolet Volt is a fantastic car if you are visiting Orlando! Powered by battery OR gas, drive a smooth electric car. When the battery runs out, the car seamlessly switches to gas so you can continue your trip. However, the easily charged battery will get you around town without spending any gas.
This car feels and drives new, has keyless entry, push-to-start, touchscreen entertainment system, charging/radio interface for iPhone or Android (both cables included), steering wheel controls, Bluetooth phone pairing, power-everything, large trunk space, great tires, and seats four. Car also includes OnStar in case you get in an accident (they call you) or have an emergency (911 button). This car has a 5-star safety rating.
In addition, the car is equipped has a state-of-the-art up-to-date Garmin GPS with Voice Command (works great). This GPS unit also has front collision and lane drift warnings. Much clearer and easier to follow than the car's turn-by-turn navigation system. Epass is also included for highway tolls (actual use billed at the end of your rental).
1. Car can be picked up next to Universal Studios or SeaWorld, or you can have it dropped-off and picked-up at the MCO Orlando airport or any part of the local Universal-SeaWorld-MCO Airport-Disney area.
2. The battery comes fully charged, giving you up to 35-45 initial miles (depending how you drive) for free, no charge! Bring the car back with any battery level, no need to charge it back up before returning it.
3. Being electric, you can’t get more fuel efficient. Orlando has lots of chargers everywhere, including the theme parks and malls. Remember, the car keeps going on gas if it runs out of battery. You can easily find them with the PlugShare App or via www.plugshare.com. Plugging in the car is as easy as plugging in your cell phone.
4. At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Epcot, and Disney’s Magic Kingdom you get preferential VIP parking for no additional charge (the electric car chargers are UP FRONT near the entrance, sometimes closer than handicapped parking).
5. Lighter colored car and interior will get less hot in the Florida sun. Has a easy to use built-in front window shade to keep it cool when parked. Car also features all-windows-down via remote control to cool the car before you get in.
6. Touch-screen entertainment system supports Bluetooth-pairing (hands-free), Pandora, cruise control, AUX jack input, AM/FM radio with CD player, and USB port.