HERE ARE THE TOP 6 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD RENT THIS AWESOME CAR:
1. This car is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and can be dropped off at your location. Free delivery drop off and pick up service is available to the local airports or local area location of your choice with any 3 day or longer reservation.
2. You found the most fuel efficient Luxury car on Turo! This is a Gas/Electric Plug-In Hybrid capable of 250+ MPG.
3. Your initial battery charge is free power, so you can drive up to 55 miles on your first charge before the gasoline engine begins to operate.
4. Free charging stations are located throughout Florida. You can easily find them via the Plugshare app or www.Plugshare.com. So drive on free electricity if you want to! This car gives you that option whereas others don't.
5. The gasoline engine is a high efficiency generator that charges the battery pack as you drive, so even while driving on gasoline only you can get great MPG.
6. This car will be cleaned, detailed, and have a maintenance check done before you receive it (with 12 hours or more of advanced notice). I want you to have a great experience while driving this car and get the highest gas mileage while you do it!
Drive the Future Now" and have the time of your life cruising around Florida in an electric luxury car with a gasoline range extending motor. Cruise around town or on the highway up to 50 miles on full electric mode using all American energy produced in the USA.
If or when you need to go further before having a chance to recharge the battery pack, you will have peace of mind knowing that you can keep driving up to an additional 350+ miles with the gasoline range extending engine supplying the power to get you to those far away destinations.
The transition from the battery pack supplying the power to the gasoline engine supplying the power is a seamless transition that does not require you to stop driving the car. Even if you are driving at highway speeds, the car will automatically switch over to the gasoline range extending motor when the battery pack has depleted. All you'll have to do is continue to drive as you normally would.
You won't have to buy any gas during your trip unless you are doing long distance driving without stoping to recharge the battery pack first. I regularly get 250+ MPG when I drive this car. It's amazingly fuel efficient!
The electricity to charge the car is free at many of the (Level 1 and Level 2) charging stations that I have visited throughout Florida.
If you do happen to pay to charge at your home, it should cost about $1 dollars' worth of electricity to give a complete full charge to the battery pack.
FYI: (I base this cost off of my own electric bill rates.)*
I provide a full charge to the battery pack before you get the car, so the first trip you take (up to 50 miles will be all electric, and is included free of charge).
Best of all, you can bring the car back at the end of your rental with any level of battery pack charge, so no need to charge the battery pack before you return the car.
For your convenience, a standard portable (Level 1) charger is included for use with your rental so you can charge anywhere with a standard wall outlet, it's perfect for charging up while you sleep, on the go at local places that have an exterior outlet, or while the car is parked where you are staying.
(Level 2) chargers use the same port as the portable (Level 1) charger, but they charge up the battery pack twice as fast as the Level 1 charger. Use these when you are out and about, or while you are eating at a nearby restaurant. I will show you how to easily connect the car to any charger before you start your rental, and I will explain the features of the car as well.
Plugging in this car is as easy as charging a cell phone.
Bluetooth, Pandora, cruise control, AUX jack input, AM/FM radio with CD player, multiple USB ports an SD card slot, traction control, forward collision alert, lane departure warning, power windows/locks/mirrors, keyless entry, and keyless start are all standard on this model.
If you want more information on the Cadillac ELR, many videos about this car can be found on You Tube.