Enjoy driving a classic car. Whether going for a fun night on the town, or sight seeing in Northern California. This is a drive of a life time. This vehicle may not be listed here for long. Take advantage of an opportunity you don't want to miss out on.
This beautiful 1965 Mustang comes with a V8 engine, powered top, power steering, 4 wheel power disc brakes, and original lap seat belts.
* This is a 4 seater vehicle with a large trunk. There is plenty of room for Luggage in general.
* The sound system on the vehicle has an amplifier located in the rear driver side wheel well of the trunk do not place luggage on top of the amplifier. Luggage can safely go in the entire middle area of the trunk or passenger side wheel well area, but not on the amp in the driver side wheel well.
Weather in Northern California:
* Suntan Lotion, hats and sunglassess are strongly encouraged all year round.
* This car is kept original and like the overwhelming majority of convertibles during its era, it does not have A/C. but it does have a fan system.
* If you are new to California, the coolest weather is in San Francisco or along the coast. Also anywhere at night. Due to the warm California sun, suntan lotion, hats and sunglasses are strongly encouraged while driving top down.
* Even in the Fall and Winters temperatures can range from the high 40- to the low 70s. Top down driving is still possible, though I would wear a jacket at night, if I was driving with the top down.
This is a 50+ year old classic car, great efforts have been made to make it reliable, though due to the age it is possible that a maintenance event may occur. If something happens we are available by phone and can help walk you through minor things such as jump starting the vehicle. If we can't walk you through it we will come out and fix the vehicle.
A classic car is not the right vehicle for every occasion, if a maintenance event will ruin your trip please choose a different type of vehicle.
* Mileage over the reservation limit will be charged at $1.50 per mile. At the end of your reservation this will appear as double mileage charges due to the standard $0.75 charge on Turo being inadequate for this vehicle class.
Must be age 30+ to rent
Delivery of a 52+ Year Old Classic Car is costly. Local pickup in San Jose is Strongly Encouraged. The best way to get from SFO to the car is via Uber $45-$60. If you do not have uber I can hail one for you at cost plus $5.
Public transportation also exists, if you are flying in from SFO, and wish to take Public Transportation, As a courtesy I can meet you at Tamien Station cutting your public transit time down considerably.
Delivery to SFO may be done via the Turo Valet. Cost for delivery is $180, and reduces the allowed mileage by 65 miles.
Delivery Discounts for Longer Rentals 3 Days Rental Delivery Cost to SFO = $150 4 Days Rental Delivery Cost to SFO = $120 5 Days or Longer Rental Delivery Cost to SFO = $90
Delivery to SFO reduces the allowed mileage by 65 miles. With proof of an SFO flight and local pickup = additional 65 miles.
* This is a classic car from a previous era, when this car was built the speed limits were 55 mph, and the recommended stopping distances were longer. Please be respectful of this and be safe; drive slower than you would a modern car and give yourself additional stopping distance. * Vehicle requires 91 Octane lower grade fuels will hurt the engine. Gas receipts must be stored in the Glove Box. * The vehicle must be in Park, or Neutral with the brake pressed to start, if you try to start the car, and hear nothing you are likely not in Park or Neutral. * The vehicle has been upgraded to 4 wheel disc brakes, and when operated properly stops very well. You will need to be familiar with how to operate non-antilock brakes. * The sound system on the vehicle has an amplifier located in the rear driver side wheel well of the trunk do not place luggage on top of the amplifier. Luggage can safely go in the entire middle area of the trunk or passenger side wheel well area, but not on the amp in the driver side wheel well. * In keeping with the extremely high costs of maintenance on 50+ year old vehicles. Excess mileage will be billed at $1.50 per mile
1965 Ford Mustang1965 Mustang Convertible - Drive the American Dream15522
John's a fantastic turo classic car owner. Had a wonderful experience in his car. Definitely Will be back.
Renting this car made my entire California experience perfect. The car is incredible, fun and really impressive. John was available by phone for any questions. The car was reliable and everything I could have dreamed of and more. I did not want to drop it off and thinking of how amazing it made my trip makes me want to cry. Rent this car, but not too often so it's still available whenever I come back to CA.
John's Ford Mustang drove like a champ. It is a beautiful vehicle and hums like it's supposed to. There were a couple Areas of wear and tear as is expected from a 1965 model car, but that did not deter from the trip in any way. I would rent a car again from John again when I'm in San Fran.
I highly recommend renting the 1965 convertible mustang from John. John was very accommodating when I needed to change the rental dates. The mustang is in great condition and maintained very well. Thank you John for making our day very memorable!
What an incredible experience and an awesome car! John was super great to work with. He made sure the car was spotless and that we understood everything about how it worked. I can't wait to rent from him again!!!
Renting this car was a dream come true! Fantastic condition, great fun to drive and a true American classic, I can't recommend it highly enough. John was also extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating and gave us a really warm welcome. Make your dream come true too and rent it today!
John's Mustang is beautiful and in stellar condition, and most importantly, was a pleasure to drive!
John himself was very professional, helpful, and accommodating.
All in all, a great experience. Highly recommended!
A once-in-a-lifetime experience ! An old friend of mine was in SF for the WE and we were dreaming of cruising along Highway 1 in a Classic. All I can say is that thanks to John and his incredible 1965 convertible Mustang we had the time of our lives...
John has been incredibly accommodating to have the car ready in time, and delivered and picked-up at our convenience. We could instantly feel his passion his classics (he also has a 1965 Corvette that I would love to check some day!). We were impressed by the perfect condition of the car, and how easy it was to drive. A mix of power (a V8 with an incredible noise) and smoothness, what a blast. A weekend that we will remember for many many years.
So all I can do is highly recommend going on an adventure with John's Mustang !