Use my link below to get $25 off your first trip. https://turo.com/referral?code=161542rrXD2H
My beautiful White Tesla Model S with many upgrades!
Includes HOV stickers so you can drive in CARPOOL/HOV lanes throughout California
SUPERCHARGING - FREE TRAVEL ANYWHERE (no gas, no charging costs!)
Tech Package (3G connectivity all the time with Internet Radio, Google maps with live traffic and Navigation),
GPS Enabled Air Suspension,
Panoramic Glass Sun Roof + more!
This car is amazing to drive and a sheer pleasure. Safest and most exhilarating car I have ever owned! With rental comes a free EV introduction to teach you where and how to charge for FREE! and how everything works.
Car will be given washed and clean. HAND WASH only prior to return or a $25 fee will be applied to the reservation. Temple City Car wash is only a few miles from my place and inexpensive
My car has the 60kw battery pack and motor along with FREE supercharging allowing you to reach any destination with ease! The charging of the battery per charge is limited to 80% (40kw, approx 140 miles per charge) but you can still go anywhere in a day, LA to SF, LA to Reno, LA to Vegas, No problem! with supercharging it will automatically create you long distance route and supercharge the car to the level needed to reach the next supercharger in your trip.
Car will have at least 50 miles of range (usually more) when being picked up to allow to start your trip to anywhere! Going farther than 50 miles in your first day? There are 5 super chargers in all directions from my location in San Gabriel on the way to anywhere you'd like to go where you can supercharge for FREE in minutes.
With our delivery service we will pick you up curbside in our car. We ask the traveler to give us a ride home once he/she is picked up.
You can upgrade to valet service for LAX but must be scheduled with me at least 1 week in advance. You'll be able to pickup and dropoff direct at the LAX Turo lot.
Early Pickup CANNOT be allowed per Turo regulations. If you need a different pickup or dropoff schedule you MUST have Turo emergency line at 1-866-735-2901 alter the reservation prior to any changes.
Must be age 30+ to rent
1. We require the renter provide us a ride home for all curbside pickups. (the renter may drive us home in the Tesla or send an uber/lyft for us) 2. We require the renter upon return, provide us a ride back to the delivery location. (the renter may pick us up at home in the Tesla or send an uber/lyft for us) 3. For LAX: Renter may choose to upgrade to Turo Valet service. The cost to the renter is $25 plus the cost for us to uber/lyft to the airport valet lot and back in addition to the standard delivery fee.
1. Smoking, pets, eating, are NOT allowed inside the car. 2. Renter is responsible for a minimum $200 cleaning fee, if there is any smoke smell, evidence of pets or other foul smell detected upon return. 3. Renter is financially responsible for any wear and tear during the rental period. 4. Return of car with same EV range, Charging fee $10/per “quarter tank” of charge if returned with less range. 5. Excess miles charged at $1.25/mi 6. HAND WASH only prior to return or a $25 fee will be applied to the reservation. Temple City Car wash is only a few miles from my place and inexpensive
2013 Tesla Model SLance's Upgraded Tesla Electric Rocketship154.525
Awesome rental. Lance is totally cool and friendly. Good guy to chat with and knowledgeable about Teslas.
This is my first time using Turo and Lance made everything so easy his responding time and every question a had was quit , his tesla is really nice and it was definitely an amazing experience I will definitely going to rent this car again from him . Thank you Lance
Did not show up for Airport delivery &charged for it . Took over 90 minutes to deliver the car Delivered the car with 20% charge only Demanded cash Demanded to have his uber rides payed for Asked for extra reimbursements
All in all it was a terrible experience felt like I was being conned . BE CAREFUL WHEN RENTING REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN'T CANCEL A RESERVATION ONCE YOU HAVE PAID .LANCE KNOWS THIS AND USES IT TO HIS ADVANTAGE
I think this maniac is desperate for money.
I rented the car for a day to try it out and rent it from Turo for long term.
He showed-up an hour late with half battery which was running out within 40 miles,so my evening was ruined trying to find the nearest supercharger /sitting in the traffic for 2 hours from San Gabriel/ to Marina Del Rey,because I picked up the car at 6pm instead of 5.
He's battery is old and not able to handle even a 100 miles when it's full.
He does not want to rent ,just earning money and lies about everything.
At the drop-off he didn't say anything.
He just went into Turo's system and tried to apply for cleaning fee ,even I just freshly washed the car 2 hours before I returned it.
He refuses to explain the basics of the car,like bluetooth and cruise-control.
He says don't use it I never use it either.
He's explanation to Turo about his old battery was as I exhilarated the car too much /in rush hours traffic at 5 pm./ ,that's why the battery died 3 times in 200 miles.
I spent over half of my renting time just to find,get to the supercharger and charge his dead battery.
He calls other Turo advertisers fake,his deal is the best on the Turo site and degradated Turo beside in his eyes Turo is not a company.When I declined his fraudulent cleaning fee request he harassed me for hours with texts and phone calls, /called the car-wash company to investigate and threatened me with cameras they have at the car-wash company/ and torturing me for hours blaming me about his battery as my exhilaration caused it "even he's advertising himself as it's the best exhilaration car he ever driven"
He calls his Tesla a supercar.…
Degradating other Turo advertisers Audi's and Porche's.…
Have fun folks out there rent from him.
June 2, 2016
Great experience! Lance was very helpful and available with any questions. Great flexibility. And car is awesome.
I'm not new to EV vehicles but this was my time renting out a Tesla Model S. Communication with Lance was spot on and he answered all of my questions. If you plan on renting Lance's Model S, I recommend you plan out your route and where to charge. The Burbank Tesla Supercharging station was perfect but my destination area had Level 2 chargers that were 20 minutes away and charging is much slower than a Tesla Supercharger Station. Drop off was easy and Lance will give you detailed instructions about that. If Lance were to get another Model S, say a P85 or P90D, then I will surely be renting that one from him. Highly Recommend and 5-Stars!
Lance is great to work with. For $50 extra he will pick you up and drop you off from the airport (LAX in my case.) The Tesla is flawless and there are several supercharger stations in LA and Orange County.
This is a bright white Model S40 w/ 131 miles of range on a full charge after default charging limits. Lance is very responsive and is super careful w/ his car, so it is very clean. He even has an iPhone Lightning charger for you to use. Lance will drop it off to you for free w/in 30 miles of his house in San Gabriel (near LA Arboretum/Santa Anita Park) or at the airport (Ontario/LAX/Burbank).
Knowing how far I needed to go that day, I should have asked Lance to make sure to range charge (100% instead of 80%) for me. We had a little mix up w/ my scheduled pick up so I only had 100 miles of range when I got the car (it was very hot and the hand-off address got typoed in the Nav). If it was not so !@#$% hot, my wife were not sick and the hotel actually informed us correctly they did NOT have charging (we called ahead but lady at the desk said one thing and valet said another), this would not have been much of a deal. As it turned out it unfortunately caused me and my wife to sidetrack to a SuperCharger and get us home two hours after we planned.
I know now that I should have asked Lance to range charge for me or I may not have made it home (we had less than 5 miles of range at SuperCharger). I also know that if I started w/ 120 miles of range I could have trickle charged overnight and made it to a charger the next day. That would have saved my anniversary night plans.
Charging the S40:
Trickle charging (normal plug in the garage) over night for 11 hours added back about 30-40 miles of projected range. Getting home early in the day added six more hours to overnight charge (16-17 hours) which got us close to a full charge again after a short trip through the Santa Monica Mountains, through Malibu to Santa Monica. The car estimated it would take an additional 4 hours 22 minutes to get to 131 miles from the 127 miles it showed. I think the time estimate was just off.
When we went to the SuperCharger in Culver City we had 5 miles of rated range left. It took about 30 minutes to charge to 131 miles. It was after ten o'clock and amazingly we saw six other cars at the SuperCharger. Make sure to double-check the nav directions. It definitely was confused at that SC Site and took us around the block when we could have just entered/exited the mall parking lot.
We planned on plugging in where Lance was going to meet us, so the car would be charged up when we returned it. But, Lance called us and said it was okay to drop it off early at his place instead (he lives 5 minutes from the planned drop off). Lance and I traded cars too so this made returning the car super easy.
- Plan ahead. See https://www.evtripplanner.com/
- Enter destinations in the Nav even if you know where you are going. It shows ETA, projected range and traffic.
- Ask Lance to "range charge" for you. This is harder on the battery so only ask if you really need it. I know I did, but I live 45 miles from Lance.
- Subtract the hand-off to home range. Figure you will get the car w/ around 100 miles left on it depending on where you meet Lance.
- When you plan a drop-off use named places not just addresses.
- Make sure to account for Air Conditioning on a hot day. I figure it used about 10% more than actual range, and I even sat in traffic. Remember slow speeds and stop-and-go actually HELP range in an EV, but AC uses up charge too.
- HOV Lane stickers are inside the car. The adhesive wore off on them. So make sure to put them in the window if you plan on using them.
- Ask to talk to someone from Valet to "reserve" a spot at a destination charger when you go out. Don't trust the front desk if you have not charged there before.
- If this rental is for fun, ask to trade cars w/ Lance.
Lance is an absolute professional, courteous and provides an excellent flawless product. Taking a business or pleasure trip? you can't go wrong renting from a very friendly laid back individual who focuses on his customers needs.