Toyota Corolla Black. Some scratches on the sides. Amazing gas mileage with up to 32 city/41 highway mpg. 13.2 gal fuel tank capacity. Automatic doors. AC and Heater works great. CD Player and AM/FM radio.
Parking: You get luxury valet service at the JW Marriott!
Gas: I will need before and after pictures of the gas. Please take a picture BEFORE LEAVING THE VALET and text/email the picture to me. At the end of your trip, please fill up to the original level. Please take a picture WHEN RETURNING TO THE VALET. I can tell if you're at the valet or not by the background in the pic.
Car: I will need an after picture of the inside of the car WHEN RETURNING TO THE VALET.
***That's a minimum of 3 pictures. I'm out of town frequently and can't check the car immediately. If you don't want to be blamed for anything, make sure you take good pictures!***
***Please, no smoking in the car. Pets are OK but must clean up after.***
2007 Toyota CorollaJi Sun's Toyota154.532
Ji Sun was an amazing renter and her Toyota Corolla was such an awesome car to drive. The whole process of collecting and dropping the car off was also very seamless and convenient!
The car was very easy to pickup since I got it through the valet at the hotel. The car was also very cheap which was awesome. Mechanically the car functioned fine.
However the car was not very clean. The windows had a very strong haze on them that made them hard to see out of in the dark. The radio only turned on after you pressed a certain button on the air controls. The car had a sticker stating the oil change was 2 months over due as well.
This car runs really smoothly, has awesome gas mileage and the pick up place is very convenient. We drove it all the way to Yosemite and back and had a very fast and smooth trip. It is not super clean and has a lot of scratches and dents on the outside, but we didn't really care as long and it ran well.
Nevertheless, the car is in SERIOUS need of regular maintenance, which is probably the reason for the nice low price.
1. First and most important: the car is UNREGISTERED since August 2015.
2. Broken back tail-light: The light does not turn on. We found this out when we got a ticket from a Park Ranger on our way out of Yosemite, which is when we also found out the Registration is expired.
3. It has some sort of electrical problem: the radio, clock and charger port turn on and off at random. They're mostly off, so we didn't have radio for most of our trip and couldnt charge our phones. We also got small electrical shocks on our hands every time we got out of the car and touched the door to close it.
4. The "Maintenance Required" light turned on by the end of our trip, so I assume the car needs a tune up and probably other regular maintenance.
5. The door of the trunk does not always close properly. You have to check that it's closed just in case!
Overall, the car is good for the price, as long as the registration and tail-light issue are repaired. We got it at the last minute and for a very cheap price, so we can't really complain!
Quick response time/texting. Simple and clear pick-up/drop-off instructions (if slightly unconventional). Car itself is a sturdy little champ, too. Nothing fancy but gets the job done. Overall: a pleasant, convenient experience. Would rent again.