This was my first trip with Turo's cars. I wish it had ended better. This Model S 60 did not accommodate our simple needs. We ended up without enough power to get home after our evening out. The battery charge certainly should have been sufficient since we travelled well within the initial showing of 180 miles. We ended the evening nearby where we picked up Aaron's car so left it as we found it a full 12 hours ahead of our drop off time. We could have charged it I suppose, but by that time it was 2 in the morning and we were cold and tired and had been waiting an hour and a half for my son to drive down from home to pick us up, and I had no idea how long anything other than a Tesla Supercharging Station would take and I had to get us home. I did think that an early return discount was a reasonable thing to ask for, but the operator at Turo's emergency services told me this was my problem since it comes under their fuel policy. If Aaron wanted to accommodate that request he could, but he was unwilling to do so. Personally, from a business perspective I would have certainly discounted the trip if it had been my car; goodwill translates into future dollars one way or the other. I found the Turo's emergency operator to be rudely matter-of -fact as well. I'm just being honest.
Really enjoyed the Model S! If you're thinking of buying a Tesla, renting is a great way to get familiar with the car.
1. Power. This car has way more power than you need. Super fun to drive.
2. Autopilot. Drove 98% of the way to Fresno.
3. Superchargers. Superfast! Plus, I got to sit in a Model X at one :)
1. Cleanliness. The car was pretty dirty when I picked it up. (I did wash it and Aaron reimbursed me for the expense.)
2. Response Time. Aaron took several hours to respond, almost forcing me to cancel the reservation.
3. Car wasn't empty. Don't expect all cargo compartments to be yours for the trip. Many of the owner's personal items were left in the car.
CAR: I would rent this car again.
OWNER: I would rent from this owner again. I changed my trip, which resulted in some overage on the mileage. Aaron was totally reasonable, and gave me an adjustment for the car wash as well.
A FEW MORE COMMENTS:
The range on the 60 battery leaves something to be desired. I actually had to turn the car in early because I ran out of power, and didn't have time to charge it at anything but a Supercharger. The Superchargers are AMAZING, btw. 300 watts at 300 amps! Insane speed.
Aaron was very accommodating. We booked a last minute trip and were able to get in touch with him and get the car within an hour! His Tesla was clean and very smooth to drive. Would rent again in a heartbeat.