This metallic blue and white Smart has lots of bells and whistles. From the rear, it's patriotic red white and blue.
- Phone mount, front and center, with bluetooth. Use your phone for nav, or use the one provided.
- Adjustable height seat. For those of us who are not average, it's a life saver.
- Spill control. Floormats and rear tray.
- Easiest parking. Shortest length, for those tight spots between driveways that normal cars can't use, and power steering.
- Unparalleled tight turning. If you were impressed by the turning radius of the old Smart, this one can turn even sharper.
- GPS nav, in the glove compartment, preloaded with maps of California and neighboring states.
- Alloy wheels, and a blue metallic paint job.
- Extra bumper padding to prevent parallel parking damage.
- Awesome fuel economy if you can keep yourself to 50 MPH. But it's tempting to drive fast- it's a smoother drive than the first two generations if Smart.
This is our fourth Smart (sequentially) on car-share. We also have an electric-first hybrid (Chevy Volt), but this car is gasoline. You are unlikely to find more experienced and professional car-share owners on car-share than us.
Street parking. You can ignore the zone c two hour limit signs there's a zone c residential permit sticker in the back) but all other restrictions apply. It needs to be parked where it's legal fur at least the next 24 hours, or you will be responsible for any tickets and towing fees, as per standard turo policy. But generally, in happy park it for you if you return it when I'm around. Let's coordinate.
Depending on schedule, of you choose airport delivery, it may be necessary to park the car at the airport and verify drivers license via sending me a photo. You'll be responsible for the parking fees in that case. Please review the daily paying fees of the respective airports before you choose this option.
Please take care of our little car. We love it.
Is it too small?
I'm 6'3". I drive it 200 miles some days. : - ) So, no, not too small. But it depends on your needs. The cargo area in the rear can fit a surprisingly large amount of warehouse club merchandise, and the passenger seat does fold down flat. But you can't take more than two people. Or a couch. We did carry home a washing machine once. Week, an 2/3 sized apartment unit. But still.
2016 smart fortwoour best Smart yet1555
Anthony was extremely accommodating and made our pick up and drop off seamless. Our trip was enhanced by the ease he afforded us via the rental of his car as opposed to what we have done in the past.
Anthony was very quick in replying to my queries and flexible to accommodate with my timings. The smart car was great and easy to park because of its size. Had a great day out with the car! Anthony was also nice to drop me off after returning the car!
Rental was a seamless process - Anthony was easy to reach and his smart car was perfect to drive in the city and even in the highway. I highly recommend renting from him, and certainly will again next time I'm in town.