First Time user?
Click to get $25 off your first trip.
You can park the truck/car around the address listed, please consider:
PARKING SPOT DO NOT PARK THE CAR IN A SPOT WITH STREET SIGNAL OF 2 OR 1 HOUR OF PARKING PERMISSION.
STREET CLEANING DO NOT PARK THE CAR WHERE THE SWEEP IS INSIDE THE FOLLOWING 24 HOURS Take a picture of street cleaning sign when you return and upload in TRIP PHOTOS.
RENTER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TICKETS for 24 hours.
Please read and follow the instructions that you will receive in your email from Turo if you would like to rent this car.
No pets, no smoking.
Where do you can find the car?
Cars are not always in the exactly same spot, please ask for the location before you going to it if I did not provide it to you 1 hour before your trip.
Where do you need to drop the car off?
Please return the car around to the address listed, sometimes is difficult find parking spot if you drop it off between the rush hours. You can park it around 3 blocks around the address listed.
2010 smart fortwoGray_Smart154.576
Easy and convenient to drive. Great on gas. Some brake and stalling issues that didn't affect driving but should probably be looked at... Also, stereo doesn't have Bluetooth so bring an aux cord if you want to play your own music :)
Communication was good, car was clean enough, drove well, and was reasonably priced. Would've been a 4-5 star experience, but I got pulled over because the vehicle's registration had been expired since May.
Two disclaimers: Prior to this rental, I've never driven a smart car nor used Turo. So things that I think could be improved may very well be standard practice so take what I say with a grain of salt.
While very nice and polite, communication with Nikola could have been improved. As a first time user, I probably needed more guidance and his instructions were not always clear. It also took about 10 minutes for me to get the car unlocked and get instructions for where the key was located within the car after submitting pictures. Maybe I'm too impatient.
The car itself was clean but jerky to drive. Sometimes I felt that it was not switching gears properly and would be very noisy while staying in a lower gear. The brakes required more pressure than I am used to (I drive a Prius normally if that's helpful) and at one point, I found the car rolling slightly downhill backwards because I was not holding the brake firmly enough. They also shook a bit. The driving experience definitely got better as I drove the car more and grew more familiar, but it was still a bit nerve wracking for me.
Unfortunately, I did not enjoy this rental vehicle at all!
1. Car was extremely dirty from inside and out. Car owner offered me a refund for that, but for two days I had to drive in bad smell and garbage. Ughhh.
2. The car itself needs a lot of maintenance. Brakes are bad, it makes bunch of noises when accelerating, shifting gear is not well. It almost felt unsafe to drive. Car is not being taken care of properly and that can cause some problems in the future.
3. Nikolai is not the one answering the phone, I would appreciate a real persons face and name on car listing. The girl on the phone was not sure which car I’m renting, the doors did not open on call, when returning I left a message before someone called me back. Strange communication in general.
4. I wanted to drop a car of at a different place (Airport), made a request before renting, was ready to pay for it. Car owner was not flexible.
5. The SUN ROOF on the car has bad UV protection. With 95+ degree heat it burnt my head, neck and arms, terrible experience. Car felt like an oven inside with full AC on.
6. When I messaged Nikola about Golden Gate bridge TOLL I did not receive an answer. I’m visiting the town so I was unsure how to pay electronic toll and now I’m still waiting to see what’s what.
Nikola might be a good person but he needs to take better care of his car. Also if I wanted an agency rental, I would not use TURO. This seems to be a business for Nikolai and he hired people to do the job, which they were slacking to do. I would prefer to pay more but have a clean and safe vehicle to drive. So I would NOT suggest anyone rent this car, until Nikola and his team take good care of it, clean it, run maintenance and take care of the roof.
Great little city car which can take a little time to get used to if you've never driven a Smart car. The pickup was easy, I ended up taking a Lyft to the car, but it's accessible via public transit too. Taking pictures of the entire car before and after was a bit cumbersome since sometimes the app didn't work that well. Nikola was very responsive when we messaged him, which was a nice benefit. The car has seen some age, but for the price per day, it's a great deal.
The communication was great. The car was clean. The reason I am giving three stars for this vehicle is because the car does not shift into gear consistently. It is not a reliable vehicle for the roads in my opinion.
This is my first Turo experience. Loved the car. everything went smoothly. I would have preferred to pick up the car at an easier location. but it was great! Car was clean and ready to go! Loved it and thank you Nikola!
I have rented from Nikola numerous times. I have to say that he provides 5 star customer service. Every rental has gone smoothly. People like him are the reason I use this service. He's always been accommodating and responds to questions quickly. He also has several vehicles available to choose from. If you are using Turo for the first time or for the 100th time I would suggest renting from Nikola.