I'm excited to share my fully electric 500e with Turo!
Highly recommend renting my 500e as a way to test drive the 500e/experience an electric car. Check out my other cars by clicking on my profile (https://turo.com/drivers/81233).
This car will be treated a bit different than my other cars. I'll be using the 500e a bit more often for commuting. When it's spoken for, it'll be reflected on the calendar.
Reasons why this car is awesome and you should try it:
+ Loaded with options (Navigation, Leatherette Seats, Parking Sensors, Auto Climate Control)
+ All electric! (Parked in a garage with easy charging)
+ Super speedy (Electric = Max torque from a stop)
+ Plenty of trunk space with the seats down (Recommend 2 people or less when grabbing stuff, putting the rear seats down gives a lot of vertical room)
+ Compact but fits 2 adults and 2 children (2 adults can fit in back too, but not happily!)
+ Easy to Park (fits in spots other cars can't use, has rear parking sensors too)
A full charge nets 80-100 miles. 100 miles for local-only driving and 80 miles or less for highway-only driving (less if speeding; yup the car is more efficient in the city!)
Using an EV charger (level 2) takes about 4 hours from completely empty to full (20-25 miles added per hour; ~25%/hr). Using a standard wall socket (120V) takes 24 hrs from completely empty to full (3-4 miles added hour; ~4%/hr).
100 miles are included per day. $0.25/mile for overages instead of the default Turo $0.75/mile.
\\Included with the car//
- Apple Lightning Cable + USB Charger
- 120V Charger (Stored under the floor in the trunk)
- Air Compressor (in the trunk, includes tire goop in case of a flat tire)
- License Plate is FasTrak registered (drive through the FasTrak lanes and reimburse me later)
- HOV-approved stickers attached!
\\Logistics + Availability//
This car is always available unless its already zipping around. I try to keep the calendar current so if the calendar shows availability feel free to book. With more than 1 day notice, I can make sure the car has at least 70% charge.
Thanks for your interest!
2015 FIAT 500e500e15512
I rented William's car to fulfill the need of commuting from office to home while I worked temporarily in South Bay. Driving this Fiat 500e for two months, I have enough experience to say this is a great car.
1. The green attribute. I felt I am contributing to our environment by driving electric car.
2. Saving. I used ChargePoint and Blink charging stations. Some of them are free, some cost $0.5 per kwh, some cost $1 for one hour (this car needs 24 kwh or four hours from fully depleted to fully charged). So I paid $0 to $12 for every 85 to 100 miles. Driving on highway is less efficient. When you drive on city, everytime you slow down or brake, the car is charging.
3. Fast. I could beat almost all the cars at traffic light. The acceleration from 0 to like 30 is incredibly fast. The brake system works very well too.
4. Ease of parking. I never had to worry parallel street parking again.
5. Spacious trunk. I could put in one 26 inch suitcase, one 28 inch suitcase, and still had space to put in a log of bags. The hatchback feature allows you to put down back seats and significantly increase trunk space.
6. William got a carpool sticker! I used carpool lane all the time and that saved a lot of time getting stuck in horrible traffics. You can only get the sticker if it's an electric car.
About the owner:
William is very considerate, righteous and chill. During the two months I rented his car, I sometimes texted him for questions or issues I had with the car. He responded me and helped me out. I used the Febreze Clip-on Air Freshener and the leakage of content eroded the plastic on dashboard. I freak out and Williams spent time and finally found a bodyshop to repair with a very reasonable price.
Conclusion: I really had a wonderful experience driving around with Fiat 500e and talking with William. Otherwise I won't write this much. So if I ever need to rent a car in Bay Area, I will definitely go to William.
Best way to get accustomed to electric cars and get used to the idea of not having to pay for gas or filling up anymore. But you have to remember to keep charging yet another device than your cellphone and perhaps your smartwatch. William the owner has been the most helpful throughout my trip giving me advice and information on where and how to keep the car charged when making long distance trips. Also was very prompt and responsive in communicating with me. Overall a great experience :)
Renting from William was an ideal experience, especially to me who is used to carsharing with other apps. He keeps his car very clean for renters, was very attentive, flexible in timing, and willing to explain everything about the car. He even took time to describe extra details about the Turo process for me, a new user.
The most comforting aspect about the experience was how accessible and communicative he is. He is very responsive and flexible over text and this gives peace of mind.
Will was a pleasure to work with. He was on time, communicative, helpful in teaching me the ins and outs of car charging, and went the extra mile when I left an iPhone on the car after I returned it. The Fiat is almost new, clean, efficient and fun. I will definitely use this car again!
This was the first electric vehicle (EV) I've driven and I fell in love with the experience. First, I'll start with William, the owner, because he was amazing throughout the process. William was very on top of communication, and answered my calls/messages in a timely manner - with understanding and a helpful, positive attitude that I truly appreciate.
The car itself was brand new, very clean, and drives well. If one has access to a free EV charging station (there are plenty you can find on the Chargepoint free app), the car is great because you save on not having to pay for gas and also it's better for the environment. I would just be mindful and plan out your miles based on the charge you have. I was never stranded, and William was also helpful in walking me through the process of finding charging places and telling me about the app, etc,
There are various plug ins- to charge your phone, etc, as well as a GPS which I used almost throughout the whole trip. The car also has the Satellite radio stations built in (so many options + no ads).
Considering all the perks and the fact that's a brand new car (you can smell that, too), William's price is quite generous. I am very happy with the trip and would go for the car again if there's another opportunity. It drives very well, and in the future I might get a similar EV.
Thanks William for all your help and best of luck.