Cute, efficient and surprisingly roomy!
Also equipped with fast DC charger (SAE/CCS), goes from empty to 80% battery (~ 60 mi) in 20 minutes!
EV charging information (PLEASE READ!):
- Not all chargers are fast chargers!
- L1 - 110v home outlet, takes 10+ hours to fully charge. L1 cable is under the cover in the trunk of the car.
- L2 - takes ~6 hours to fully charge. L2 chargers look like this: https://goo.gl/QegnGb, and L2 adapter looks like this: https://goo.gl/vJWSsa
- L3 - This is the fast charging option. CCS chargers look like these: https://goo.gl/jZzs2s, https://goo.gl/jbpp6H, and CCS adapter looks like this: https://goo.gl/WmCrc5
- You can use PlugShare iOS/Android app to filter for CCS chargers. Other charging apps of interest: ChargePoint, Greenlots, Blink, Volta Charging, etc
- There are 2 charging cards in the car - one for NRG eVgo and ChargePoint. Feel free to use them at chargers, I will send reimbursement requests later. (FYI, eVgo bills me at the end of the month, so it may be a while before you see one)
Use common sense:
- Try fast charging at a nearby fast charger before driving a long distance
- Fast chargers will sometimes have issues; always make sure you have enough juice to get to another charger just in case
Please return the car charged (~ 50-60mi). There is no charging at my parking spot - At the very minimum, the car should have at least 10 miles left so it can be driven to the nearest fast charger. If the car is returned with low battery level, you will be asked to pay extra to compensate for the inconvenience to the subsequent renter(s).
2015 Chevrolet Spark EVSpark EV1558
Helped us regardless of hiccups! thanks again! Car is great for local city sf driving :)
This is an EV so make sure you understand all implications before renting. Plan out all charging needs and be prepared to spend time charging before returning vehicle as well. Not as simple as pulling up to a gas station for a few minutes so plan accordingly! Download some apps for charger location as well.
I had a great time driving Yongjun's Spark EV. Short of a Tesla or the i3 (which both cost a lot more to rent), the Spark EV has a lot of get-up-and-go! And as an added bonus, Yongjun's Spark EV has the DC fast charge option, which allowed me to drive ~170 miles in one afternoon. The DC fast charging plug was a little picky, but I was always able to start the charge. Also, download the Plugshare APP so you can locate all the chargers in your area.