Fully loaded runs great. It's the long wheelbase edition "Li" so it can seat 4-5 adults very comfortably. Remarkable power, handling, comfort and sophistication. It gets about 22-25 mpg on the freeway if you're cruising between 70-75 mph. It's quiet and roomy. All windows except windshield have been lightly tinted for privacy and to keep the car cool.
-16 way power adjustable seats. Drivers seat also has massage function great for long drivers.
- full napa leather upholstery
- dual climate control zones for driver and passenger
- am/fm/cd radio with 12 speaker output
- BMW airbag collision system with side curtain airbag protection
- charcoal micro air filter which is great for polluted or foul smelling areas
- heated seats front and rear
- seat cooling system for front seats
- rain sending wipers
- headlight washer system
- bi-xenon self leveling/self adjusting headlamps. There is HID xenon low and high beam. The head lamps also turn as the vehicle turns to keep the road illuminated.
- front and rear cup holders
- front and rear power ports
- speed sensitive power steering
- front and rear parking sensors with park assist
- cruise control
- BMW privacy screen system for rear passenger compartment
-19" BMW light alloy wheels with low profile sport tires
Dedicated parking! Easy pick up and drop off in very safe neighborhood.
It does require 91 octane premium unleaded fuel. I keep it clean and neat.
There are a couple minor issues which do not effect the safety or drivability of the vehicle.
-CD changer does not work but the single disc CD player does.
-BMW navigation system runs on DVD from 2006 so it's not current. I recommend using your smartphone but it's there if you really need it.
-Check engine light is on due to fuel sensor issue. Does not effect performance or safety.
-Airbag light on due to failed sensor on passenger seat. This means that even when no one is sitting in the passenger seat the airbag is still on. Do not rent my car if you plan on having a child in a car seat in the front. Otherwise it's a non-issue.
- Front passenger window does not roll down. Everything in this car is computerized. I've had it reprogrammed a few times but the issue comes back after a few months.
I have lowered the price from the Turo recommended pricing because of these issues.
If you're arriving into sfo I'm happy to pick you up if you give me a ride back home.
2006 BMW 7 SeriesEddy's BMW1557
Perfect car to take around SF, Sonoma, and wine country! Very clean, smooth ride, very spacious. Had it washed and waiting exactly as advertised. Very fast communication. Highly recommended! Thanks
The BMW 7 series has always been a rocketship on Cloud9. Eddy's vehicle is no different. The big V8 is more than enough to power this behemoth anywhere you please, with comfort, luxury, and style. Eddy responded to my last minute request for his vehicle promptly. I booked the car literally less than 3 hours before I picked it up, and he was so kind as to wash the car and make sure it is presentable before rental. Pick up was no hassle, and Eddy answered any questions I had about the features of the car. He was kind enough also to allow a short extension of time just in case I don't make it back in time. Thank you for the privilege. Great car and awesome owner! Will rent again, definitely.
Ever wonder what it's like to drive a flagship BMW that left the dealership at $80,000? It's basically a limo without the 3rd row of seats that has the freeway passing capability of a rocket ship. Overall use and i-drive was much simpler than anticipated. Google the exact year and model and there's some good dealership Youtube videos that go over all the features. It transported 4 large adults to and from Yosemite in complete comfort. It is parkable and navigable on the streets of SF. Looks incredibly impressive and high end both inside and outside. The owner is great to work with and pickup and return were incredibly easy.
Eddy was very friendly and accommodating. He explained all the features of the vehicle and the current issues it had. Pick up and drop off easy; No annoying codes or parking garages. This car has more space than you can imagine.