2017 Tesla Model S 75kwh with latest-gen autopilot and FREE unlimited charging at any Supercharger location!
This is a truly amazing, 100% electric car. Three things make this Tesla quite different from others listed for rent on Turo:
- Glass roof that spans the entire top of the car, with no bar in the middle (Tesla only started shipping these in December 2016)
- Latest generation "HW2" autopilot (Tesla only started shipping this hardware in December 2016)
- Premium sound system with subwoofer
- 100% free Supercharger access
- Updated exterior look (mid-2016 design refresh)
Driving this car is an amazing experience - if you're reading this and debating between spending a bit more to rent this car, I hear you - I'm generally price sensitive, but there's a night/day difference between driving this versus even the nicest gasoline burning car:
- It's dead silent inside. Without a combustion engine, there's barely any road noise. Conversations, music, podcasts all sound much better.
- Regenerative braking, so you rarely need to hit the brakes. When you take your foot off the accelerator, the car regains energy and slows down, without you having to hit the brakes. Once you get the hang of this, the drive becomes effortlessly smooth.
If you're new to Turo, use this link for $25 off your first rental: https://turo.com/referral?code=1949950rGZ8sW
Feel free to send me a message if you've got any questions. Happy to help!
Must be age 30+ to rent
Unlimited LTE Data
- No smoking - No dogs or cats
Where can I charge your car?
You can charge at literally any charging station - there are adapters and a charging cable in the trunk of the car to support whatever you need.
Tesla Supercharger Network:
- 100% free, extremely fast (about an hour), locations across California. View a map here:
Public Charging Station
- There are hundreds throughout the Bay Area and thousands throughout California. Some are faster than others, a full charge can take between 3 and 6 hours. See a map here:
Any electrical outlet
- The slowest option, but literally anywhere that you can plug into a normal 3-prong outlet, you can charge this car. It'll take quite awhile to charge, but means you can't ever truly get stuck.
This car can really drive itself? That sounds cray.
Yep, it really can. You'll still need to keep your hands on the wheel, and be prepared to take control, but autopilot can be quite helpful. I'm happy to show you in person if you'd like - there are also a number of helpful YouTube videos online that will give you a sense of what Autopilot can and cannot do. It's a pretty amazing experience.
How much does charging cost?
Charging is 100% free at any Tesla Supercharger location:
Public charging stations vary in cost, but generally at $0.50/kwh, it's equivalent to the cost of filling up a gas tank on an equivalent vehicle.
Do I have to return the car charged?
Nope! It'd be nice, but not required if you don't have time.
2016 Tesla Model SBrendan and Brittany's Tesla15513